Sign in to follow this  
Wobbie

Why Does Everyone Love AVSIM?

Just thought this would be great for the mods to hear how much we all love AVSIM!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Lol i have never had an issue with avsim

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

It must be because of the great, richly literary, threads.

DJ

My answer is logical :-

Here's the chain of logic:-   :smile:

1). I don't pay for AVSIM, it's provided free to me.

2). I get a lot of answers and help with problems I have in the FS world from it.

3). I also enjoy helping others with answers, where I have the experience and can.

4). [see below*].

5). I therefore really like AVSIM and value it highly as a resource for the hobby.

*so.... point 4 above would be "sometimes I don't agree with every action or attitude I see from the AVSIM team"  but that point is not logical as it is absolutely irrelevent how I feel about attitutes and decisions, whilst I am using and benefiting from a resource that is provided to me for free.

hence,    AVSIM = good thing.

Good points Craig. Agree with point 4 too :)

(and the others).

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

free coffee and bagels every morning in my avsim inbox :)  that's why I love avsim.

Avsim has been for me for many years now the #1 source of any information Flightsim related. That is why I like it. Sorry, gents, but it's my wife, whom I love  :rolleyes:

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

I also enjoy helping others with answers, where I have the experience and can.

I especially like this point...

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I especially like this point...

Best regards,

I'm not surprised Jim because I'm sure (or at least I hope) everyone notices how much help and assistance you provide on a daily basis, especially in the CTD sections.    It's really appreciated and you've saved my bacon on more than one occasion.

My answer is logical :-

Here's the chain of logic:-   :smile:

1). I don't pay for AVSIM, it's provided free to me.

2). I get a lot of answers and help with problems I have in the FS world from it.

3). I also enjoy helping others with answers, where I have the experience and can.

4). [see below*].

5). I therefore really like AVSIM and value it highly as a resource for the hobby.

*so.... point 4 above would be "sometimes I don't agree with every action or attitude I see from the AVSIM team"  but that point is not logical as it is absolutely irrelevent how I feel about attitutes and decisions, whilst I am using and benefiting from a resource that is provided to me for free.

hence,    AVSIM = good thing.

I don't believe I could have put it better.  All of the above for me (:

It's really appreciated and you've saved my bacon on more than one occasion.

Thanks Craig.  It wouldn't be a fun hobby if we suffered crashes all of the time so I'm happy to help where I can.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I ve been here over 10 years. Not sure why. Tsk tsk.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

lol... sometimes, our sim crashes, & sometime we crash, & there is always someone (even our moderators) out there to help or wag a finger!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

I love AVSIM because:

a) Your posts aren't upvoted or downvoted.

b) Most people behave as adults.

c) There isn't a mob mentality aka Reddit.

d) A free file library that does not restrict bandwidth.

e) FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE

I'm amazed that this site has stayed "free". I try to chip in just to help out. This is the best site for those of us that aren't super literate in the computers and want to avoid screwing everything up. Been here since nearly day one as either a member or lurker.  I have no plans to leave till the undertaker comes.