Sign in to follow this  
marcus300zx

Flying my New Avro RJ85

"I get out of memory with QW 146. Starts out real nice then after 5 min...OOM"

This is a known problem with the QW high definition textures, watch out for those

Hans Soule

I get out of memory with QW 146. Starts out real nice then after 5 min...OOM

Strange.

I always use HD liveries with this aircraft and based on my experience the QW 146 is not heavier on FPS and VAS than 737 NGX or the new Airbus.

Have you tried in a different airport and/or scenario?

The behavior you describe appears to be related more to the airport than to the aircraft. Anyway, as described in the Quick Start Guide, switching to the standard livery should help, at least in terms of frame eating.

The biggest down point on the AVRO is in real life most companies have upgrade to a more modern Regional Jet but in FSX there isn't really a Regional Jet Upgrade to the AVRO

The biggest down point on the AVRO is in real life most companies have upgrade to a more modern Regional Jet but in FSX there isn't really a Regional Jet Upgrade to the AVRO

If you want to fly realistically and currently in the Avros, try flying some CityJet routes (some very interesting routes, including many from London City Airport), or some Malmo Aviation routes (from Gothenberg, Sweden), or else fly the beautiful Greek Islands, in the Astra repaint that's available online.

All of those airlines still currently operate the Avros, and as far as I know, have no plans to change or upgrade fleet.