Sign in to follow this  
mars03

DA 42 Twin Star

Wouldn't it need a special config for our plane?

No, it works with any aircraft, without needing any config.  It reads standard offsets (via Doug's gauge) for things like "Landing_Light", "Strobe_Light", "Fuel_Pump", etc.  Just needs adding to the panel.cfg's VC1 entry. :smile:

Good luck on your quest there CoolIP :He He: My response was to Craig...

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I did a bunch of flights, back to back, with the DA42 and the Wilco Tecnam P2006T. Both are similar aircraft, characterized as "slow twins". I have a write-up in Word for the Member's Reviews section ready to go, but have been traveling so no time.

The upshot? The DA42 is prettier, and I actually like G1000 cockpits, but harder (sometimes REALLY hard) on the frame rates, which kills the sense of immersion. Between the two, as is, I lean towards the Tecnam for flying a "slow twin". If the frame rates were friendlier, it would be the DA42. Both use "different" propulsion plants, and both are dirt-slow. The DA42 was more of a disappointment, since it looks like a wasp-waist twin-engine Legacy - it should be fast, but it ain't. Both, however, are going to spend a lot of time in the back of the hanger, especially if I have to move a Duke, or a Legacy, or a Baron out of the way to get to them...

I have about two-dozen screen shots to sort out - maybe next weekend, since I am in the middle of installing a clean install of 2.5 this weekend.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Has anybody had an issue with the TwinStar Ailerons not working, I have uninstalled it and installed it two or three times. It fly's just fine just the graphics dont work for the ailerons or flaps. I have redownloaded it a couple times as well

Brian

George Haarmann

KPHX

Drum & Bugle Corps Fan

Can you check if you have 'advanced animations' enabled in the FSX options? I think it's on that 'aircraft' tab.

Hello,

Please could someone advise where I'm going wrong?

I have the DA 42 and am learning VOR nav and the G1000 system.

I am at Juenu airport Alaska pointing due East. I enter the VOR frequency for Sisters Island 114.00 in NAV 1 (Top Left), switch it to active. I get the 'SSR' confirmation and the frequency turns green. When I use the CDI soft key under the PFD, to select and display VOR1 in the compass rose , I ger a green bar showing just a heading pointer which points to the aircrafts current heading due E (not the VOR direction) and no expected off track displacement bar . How to I get the compass rose to correctly display the bearing to the selected VOR and off track displacement please?

I would be most grateful if someone could point out my (probable idiot novice) elementary error?

Thanks in anticipation.

Andrew 

You won't get a signal from that VOR while sitting on the ground. To test this, press the Y key (slew mode) then F3 to gain altitude straight up. Press F2 when high enough to freeze the altitude.

You should now see the course deviation indicator (CDI) needle...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Bill

Many thanks for responding. I have taken to the air and everything works fine.

However my Vor 1 needle seems to show the 160 radial to the beacon. I flew an intecept course and turned to follow the radial directly overhead the VOR - Fantastic!

But I didnt want to fly to intercept the 160 radial that was pre-set with the green CDI needle. How do I change this so that it indicates my heading direct to the VOR from my starting position (by which I think I mean using the G1000s equivalent of the Omni Bearing Selector knob which I cant find)? The heading button moves the heading bug, but where is the OBS in the G1000?

Thanks for your forbearance

Andrew

Ok, I think I'v got it, its the CRS knob on the right of the display.

Slow learner I guess! :)

Yes, it's the course knob Andrew.  By turning that you can choose any inbound or outbound VOR radial.    :smile:

I'm having a problem with the G1000 screens. They turn off/go blank/dead mid flight after about two hours flying time. Its as though the aircraft battery dies, but the engines are running, so it can't be a battery issue?

Anyone seen this behavior or has any advice please?

Thanks in anticipation

Andrew

On P3D I am unable to track VOR 1 or 2 on Nav mode using the autopilot.  Anyone else seen that?  Approach mode works fine tracking an ILS.

Also Com 1 on the G1000 is incorrect, where you enter the frequency is actually in the active not the standby field.  Likewise, anyone else have that issue?

Lastly, I find programming the G1000 for navigation a pain.  Is there an app that you can recommend that will make it easier to program the G1000?

Thanks, Russ

Fantastic DA42 product from Alabeo. I am having trouble with one thing, though. Whenever I input an entire flight plan into the G1000 (multiple VORs/FIXs) the autpilot will not engage properly. It will start to bank violently side-to-side when HDG or NAV become selected. This isn't an issue when I have only one waypoint direct, it engages/follows AP like a dream - only when I have mutliple waypoints strung together does it act erratic.

Has anyone had this issue before? Or know how to possibly remedy it?

I've just recently purchased the aircraft from Alabeo, and I'm running P3D V3.

Im using it with the GTN 750 mod in it and it is ok.  I like it because of the view. It is perfect for VFR flight with autopilot as well. It does have a squirrely steering and yaw issue but not bad.  The main problem I have is the Coolant Temp flashes too easily and I dont know how to get that to stop?  Any ideas out there?