Sign in to follow this  
eemer

10.35 is out

I downloaded, and it was XPX.35rc1

Hi Mitch, Did you have the "check betas" enabled, to get the rc version?

jcomm, you got v3.5 just from installing from scratch again?

Thanks, Bruce.

No Bruce,

I installed from the DVDs, and then ran the updater, and it fetched 10.35 final :)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

No Bruce,

I installed from the DVDs, and then ran the updater, and it fetched 10.35 final :)

Hey José, you're back! Again!  :P

Surely you qualify as an official X-Plane DVD reseller by now? :wink:

You and Mitch have to be the biggest swingers in town (although I'm not far behind!).

Enjoy 10.35, every version gets better, slooooooowly but surely.

See if you can stick around for 10.40 which promises to be a real game changer.

Take care.

Thx Dave!

I actually came back because...

1) X-Plane 10 in my new 250 GB SDD runs smoother, undoubtedly smoother!  10.35 feels solid and stable, and there are no stutters so far with the OSM scenery ( Continent ) and a few ZL16 for Portugal and Spain.

2) X-Plane 10 has up-2-date ( more or less ) airport data and layouts, as opposed to vanilla FSX:SE, and I do not want to invest in any more add-ons for FSX! To use with Aerowinx PSX, it is smoother now, and more close to real when it comes to more accurate data for each airport ( main International airports ).

3) With SMP, I et good results either injecting weather from PSX, or using the lastest NOAA.

I still have FDSX:SE for the 3 PMDGs, and the Majestic Q.400, running in DX9 with plain scenery ( no ORBX  FTX because I really do not need it now... ), and ASN or FSXWX for weather injection, depending on what I am up to... I just bought the just released AEROSOFT AS-K21 glider, and am eager to install it today - it's a glider I flew many hours in RL, so, my expectations not being very high ( it's FSX's flight dynamics behind it anyway... ) are still rather positive, because it's the same team behind the AEROSFT Discus glider :-)  

And of course, DCS World and IL2 BOS too :-)  Those two are remarkable, and I just regret having to enter air duels to enjoy their flight dynamics even better :-/

I am seriously considering using World2XP, but I am limited by a single PC with two SDD disks ( 250 GB ), and a GTX 650 Ti 1 GB ( only ) graphics card...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I haven't seen any 10.35r1 or 10.35b1.  Right now it's all 10.35 for everyone I think.

I tried running the upater again today and it reported that 10.32 was current. So I checked "check for betas", and it found 10.35. XPX now reports 10.35 and not a beta or rc, so I'm not sure why the updater didn't work without the "check for betas" enabled.

Thanks, Bruce.

I tried running the upater again today and it reported that 10.32 was current. So I checked "check for betas", and it found 10.35. XPX now reports 10.35 and not a beta or rc, so I'm not sure why the updater didn't work without the "check for betas" enabled.

Thanks, Bruce.

Must be a release candidate and not "final" final hence needing the box ticked.

The release candidates don't always have the "RC" suffix.

On another note, I saw on FB that Austin is seeking people on Mac OS who want to alpha test 10.40.

(Aren't they expensive? Last time I checked, the most powerful Mac available cost 2.5x what I paid to put my PC together, and with less powerful gfx)

Thanks Dave, Yes, I think there has been some confusion about the status of the current 10.35.

I must go look at FB and see what the 10.40 beta is all about. And yes, I have both a PC (only 1080p monitor) and a new iMac, even accounting fpr the fact that the iMac is pushing more pixels, it's no match for my home-built gaming PC, mainly the GPU I believe.

Thanks, Bruce.

Hi Mitch, Did you have the "check betas" enabled, to get the rc version?

Thanks, Bruce.

Yes, Bruce...I have the check beta's box always checked as on...

Post Edit: I just ran the disc updater, and it still finds 10.35rc1 to download. So..that's what I'm flying with...

Mine didn't do an obvious update... One day it was RC and the next it was 35....  ???

John

John Wingold

OK.  To correct what I said above (I'm on the beta list):

In the splash screen that opens X-Plane, it shows just 10.35 (64 bit)

But if I go to the About menu, it shows 10.35r1 (64 bit)

Sorry for the inaccuracy.