Sign in to follow this  
Gregdpw

How much ai traffic do you use?

i defently do love cranking up the AI traffic to 100 and using woai there are tons! But sometimes it takes forever to take off cuz of the line of planes. Do ya guys use AI aircraft?

I use MyTraffic X and used to set the AI levels around the 20% range.  After the wonderful traffic optimizer came out, I set mine at 50%.  I've tried much higher levels and like you said it can take forever just to actually touch the runway due to the congestion.  50% is a perfect balance of eye candy and not waiting too long in the takeoff queue.

Chris Sunseri

I use world of ai set to 100% GA and airline and cull it back to 50 with the ai traffic manager linked in this forum on page 2. This ensures plenty of ai at most airports and doesn't kill frame rates.

When flying airliners always 100%. In RL I've sat in a queue at EGLL! It gives the airport a fantastic buzz of activity.

While 20% looks pretty sparse, anything above that starts to massively impact the sim, largely VAS issues and reduced FPS.

Ian R Tyldesley

While 20% looks pretty sparse, anything above that starts to massively impact the sim, largely VAS issues and reduced FPS.

It seems that ATC and AI are the two areas in which FSX/P3D could improve in terms of any kind of groundbreaking technology. I'd pay solid money for a top of the line product which would be a game changer.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I use WOAI with about 40 packages installed.  Airline setting about 55%,  GA set about 15%.  I have, but

don't use AISmooth very often.  If some Bozo airliner cuts in front of me, I lay on the horn, flash my lights,

and yell "Gedoutta my way!"  Works every time! :lol:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I use UT2 set to 100% for Airlines and GA, then I set Traffic Optimizer to 50. Also set in game AI traffic to 100% for Orbx traffic w/ default traffic disabled.

More than enough traffic, and occasionally will set the Traffic Optimizer lower, maybe 35 when performance tanks with heavy scenery or poor weather.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

For many years (FS9 and FSX) I used custom compiled AI traffic - from WOAI, fruitstand, AIA, MR, FAIB, SKJ, CIS and many others.

I so much enjoyed airports full of traffic. But at the same time, as Ian mentioned above, they were clearly influencing my performance.

It was more acceptable in FS9 but not so much in FSX. Finally after I started flying iFly 744, which is a poor performer, I would see single frames at times.

After testing I saw not much difference setting traffic to 25, 50, 75 or 100%. But turning it off would at least double my FPS.

I love flying big airports, like EDDF or EGLL, in complex airlners with lots of stuff on it (weather, clouds, GSX, AES, FS2C, TiR5 and more).

So I decided to stop using AI traffic. You can only imagine how hard it was to a long-time AI geek. My airports became empty, except those with some statics.

But, once in need, you can learn everything. Also using empty airports (except when flying on VATSIM, but even then it never becomes comparably busy).

So, after a few weeks, I got quite accustomed and, on the other hand, I enjoy good performance in FSX. Something new and very pleasant to me.

All in all, you can't have your cake and eat it. I know some may come and say they get great performance with AI traffic.

Fine for them, but I couldn't. Maybe if I upgrade to the latest hardware one day, my traffic will return. I wish it would.

Czesc Rafal. Are you monitoring this thread?  People are reporting some really good result with this tool.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/451383-traffic-optimizer-for-fsxp3d/

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Hi, Jacek. I did try this software in its intitial phase of development but it was not a breakthrough.

I see though it is still being updated so I may give it another try one day. Thanks for reminding me! :wink:

TrafficX I used about 80%. With Traffic360 I use about 60% I think. Much over that is too big of a hit on FPS at the airports. To the people reporting they cant even land because of the traffic, that would have a serious impact on FPS, sure it looks cool but dont go to chicago's o'hare.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+