Sign in to follow this  
Gregdpw

How much ai traffic do you use?

UT2, AISmooth and AI Traffic Optimizer 100%. It's a sim, so simulate traffic and wait your turn.  :P

Doesnt the UT2 frame rate tool do the same job as AI optimizer?

How do you guys fly with 100% AI airline traffic on and not have a slide show?    I run WOAI through VoxATC at 20% and get a decent amount of traffic but I want more but I am not willing to sacrifice any more graphical settings for VC performance.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Zero. However I thoroughly enjoy (understatement) flying VATSIM events, knowing that all the traffic I see is controlled by someone else sitting in front of their computer doing the same thing I am (or "we" when I'm flying a commercial airliner in shared cockpit during an event).

Likely one of the top two best innovations for the flight sim community - ever.

I use IVAO's MTL for liveries... it's free, and contains well over 6000 low res aircraft types (which look high res to me).

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I recently started using WOAI, I like how simple it is to add traffic and I appreciate the people who put in work to get the packages out there. Some of them are a little outdated but I'm not complaining. It's miles better than the default stuff and really adds to immersion IMO. 

Currently running my slider at 30%; I like seeing AI traffic but I don't want it to hold me up too much. If I get held up at a runway every 3rd or 4th takeoff I consider that a good compromise.

Here's what is recommended by the author of My Traffic:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/71618-where-should-the-ai-traffic-sliders-be-for-a-realistic-ai-world/

At those levels, all the My T upgraded airport gates and ramps will comfortably handle all the AI traffic.

With the freeware Traffic Optimizer, you can preserve performance while using higher traffic levels.

Doesnt the UT2 frame rate tool do the same job as AI optimizer?

I meant AI Traffic Manager. I tried the UT2 method, didn't seem to do much.

How do you guys fly with 100% AI airline traffic on and not have a slide show?    I run WOAI through VoxATC at 20% and get a decent amount of traffic but I want more but I am not willing to sacrifice any more graphical settings for VC performance.

I use DX10 with fixer and I have about 20 - 25 FPS* at FSDT, Flightbeam,Taxi2Gate and FlyTampa airports. I never said that I have a good performance at EDDF or EDDM from aerosoft (about 16 - 18 FPS*), but all in all it workes very good for me. ^_^

It feels smooth enough for me.. And yes, I know I could have 30 - 35 FPS* without AI, but I hate a post-apocalyptic feeling in FSX. :ph34r:

*FPS in Cockpit of the PMDG 737NGX.

Philipp Schwaegerl

I use DX10 with fixer and I have about 20 - 25 FPS* at FSDT, Flightbeam,Taxi2Gate and FlyTampa airports. I never said that I have a good performance at EDDF or EDDM from aerosoft (about 16 - 18 FPS*), but all in all it workes very good for me. ^_^

It feels smooth enough for me.. And yes, I know I could have 30 - 35 FPS* without AI, but I hate a post-apocalyptic feeling in FSX. :ph34r:

*FPS in Cockpit of the PMDG 737NGX.

Again, it is smoothness you are looking for not FPS. I have had very smooth results at EGLL with 17 - 21 FPS.

How do you guys fly with 100% AI airline traffic on and not have a slide show?

Turn off the FPS counter.

Turn off the FPS counter.

I don't need it on to notice a slide show.   Single digit FPS is what it is.  BAD.   There is no saving your 'smoothness' at this point.   The brain protests at this point and screams 'Not Real' which destroys immersion.    Again, the fact that we even have to discuss this with today's high-end hardware makes me weep every time.   It is what it is though.    Fly on.

I will try out this traffic optimizer and see if that helps.   It culls all the planes at surrounding airports I assume that I cannot see but still eats performance?

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I use ai at 100 percent. Look at my twitch.

I do have a good system though

I use ai at 100 percent. Look at my twitch.

I do have a good system though

14ppkc-6.png

RetroAI, ~300 Airlines in the 1980s plus custom GA Traffic courtesy of GA-Traffic. All hand-installed, models hand-converted to FSX native format. Traffic sliders at 96/86%. Some airports are backdated into their 1980s state, so I get to see quite some traffic jams.

Performance is only a concern in the NYC area, but there's Traffic Optimizer for that.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Try other methods. I fly upgraded default airliners out of UK2000's Xtreme EGLL with 100% traffic and fps at 25 (ish). What I dow when I fly airliners is have a Scenery Profile in FSX that cuts road traffic and boat traffic to zero, reduces all terrain related sliders to low (ish) maybe 25%, and both autogen sliders at Normal. If I use my GA Scenery Profile, with autogen at Very High and terrain sliders at 80% then I am sitting at EGLL with 14 fps.

But I love traffic, it makes the world buzz with life, I can't stand ghost airports,

100% AI in UT2 is not the same as 100% in any other AI package. In UT2, 100% means 1:1 (as in, "one aircraft for every real world scheduled flight"), whereas in other AI packages, 100% probably means closer to 3:1.

For the record, UT2 can do strange things at times. I have seen it "double up" the number of AI planes for no apparent reason.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png