Sign in to follow this  
paulwilko10

Flight 1 GTN750, what do you get at the start?

I maybe being thick, but can someone please explain exactly what you get add the base package for the gtn750 GPS?

And what add ons are available?

Thanks

Paul

Still being on the fence regarding that one but, unless corrected, I wouldn't speak of a 'base package' since there are only two options, namely: you buy the GTN650 or the GTN 750 for the corresponding sim of choice.

Once you have that, no addons in the usual sense are need but just planes where you can add the gauges to. As a 2D popup, you can go with any model, as a VC integrated gauge, your chances are bound to encountering a somehow compatible 3D model.

The whole suite runs with the Garmin trainer application in the background and since that one is free (although limited in terrain coverage, unless you buy it on a DVD or so), that's all there is to get and pay for.

The gauge's capabilities are listed on the Garmin site and you just have to scratch out the satellite radio and weather display to receive a picture of what the sim instrument can do.

So you pay for the gauge variant itself, maybe for an extra sim (if you run FSX and P3D for example) and perhaps for the extra terrain coverage, which comes from buying the Garmin trainer DVD.

Still being on the fence regarding that one but, unless corrected, I wouldn't speak of a 'base package' since there are only two options, namely: you buy the GTN650 or the GTN 750 for the corresponding sim of choice.

Once you have that, no addons in the usual sense are need but just planes where you can add the gauges to. As a 2D popup, you can go with any model, as a VC integrated gauge, your chances are bound to encountering a somehow compatible 3D model.

The whole suite runs with the Garmin trainer application in the background and since that one is free (although limited in terrain coverage, unless you buy it on a DVD or so), that's all there is to get and pay for.

The gauge's capabilities are listed on the Garmin site and you just have to scratch out the satellite radio and weather display to receive a picture of what the sim instrument can do.

So you pay for the gauge variant itself, maybe for an extra sim (if you run FSX and P3D for example) and perhaps for the extra terrain coverage, which comes from buying the Garmin trainer DVD.

Excellent, thank you

Now I just need to work out whether it is a worthwhile purchase or just a nice to have :-)

Thanks again

Paul

Paul,

I suggest you wait a while for the GTN750 (or 650) updated gauge. It will run with the latest Garmin trainer that includes world wide terrain data and therefore you don´t have to buy the separate DVD from Garmin.

I got the information from Flight1 that they are working on this update and therefore it may not take long now.

Edmundo Azevedo

Paul, when you purchase you can log onto the private forum and there are a lot of mods available for integrating it into the virtual cockpits of your add on planes.

Also A2A C182 and Realair Duke Turbine have setup programs that let you add them to their virtual cockpits.

Search on youtube and you can find many videos of the product. I just bought the 750 a week or so ago and I am really enjoying it!

Paul,

I suggest you wait a while for the GTN750 (or 650) updated gauge. It will run with the latest Garmin trainer that includes world wide terrain data and therefore you don´t have to buy the separate DVD from Garmin.

I got the information from Flight1 that they are working on this update and therefore it may not take long now.

Ok, that sounds promising, thank you

Paul, when you purchase you can log onto the private forum and there are a lot of mods available for integrating it into the virtual cockpits of your add on planes.

Also A2A C182 and Realair Duke Turbine have setup programs that let you add them to their virtual cockpits.

Search on youtube and you can find many videos of the product. I just bought the 750 a week or so ago and I am really enjoying it!

I actually have the A2A 182 :-) So thats good news

I'll toss in my two cents here.

I'm a huge fan of the GTN 750.  I use it primarily as a 2D gauge with a touchscreen, and as such it replicates the experience of using the real thing almost 100%. 

As someone who is not a real pilot, I was never really comfortable with using the GNS530/430 units; it was always a cumbersome experience for me to do simple stuff like create flight plans and load procedures and such.  It relied a lot on memory of where to find the info you were looking for, and how to properly interact with the knobs via the mouse. 

With the GTN's, that kind of stuff is a breeze; it's just so darn simple.

Also, since I use a 2D version on a touchscreen, I'm far less concerned with whether or not a developer has enabled compatibility.  In fact, in the few planes where you can put one in the VC, I'll often put a 2nd unit in the VC, and leave it on the terrain view, just so as not to have a blank, black gauge in the VC.  Occasionally I'll use the second one to pull up an approach chart, and then use the altitude info to set a vertical descent profile in my main one.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, I just always feel the need to chime in and tell people how great this thing is. ^_^

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

What screen do u use Jimmy?

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Have a read though here

/forum.avsim.net/topic/462527-gtn750-for-p3dv25-released/page-3#entry3189047

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

What screen do u use Jimmy?

Acer T232HL, mounted on an Ergotron LX Deskmount arm. You wouldn't guess it by looking at the pictures, but underneath all the plastic on the back is a Vesa mount, and the transparent plastic 'stand' is removable.

I quite like it.  I have my main monitor (24") on another LX arm, and I have them stacked one on the other.  Touchscreen above for planes I fly with a yoke, and touchscreen below for planes or helicopters I fly with a stick.  Also works great for FMC's and overhead popups.  I usually put a popup AP on there as well, if the plane I'm flying has one equipped.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Excellent, thank you

Now I just need to work out whether it is a worthwhile purchase or just a nice to have :-)

Thanks again

Paul

It totally depends on whether you want to have GPS navigation in your C182..

If yes, it is a worthwhile purchase (big time), since it is the complete Garmin GTN, full stop.

(except for the music.. ^_^ )

Bert