Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

Textures missing in FSDT DFW,P3D 2.5

Hello,

I've installed P3D 2.5 and am repopulating it with addon airports as I go. I had FSDT DFW in v 2.4 with no problem but in 2.5 I'm missing ramp, runway and taxiway textures just on the east side of the airport. Has any had any experience with this happening? I have FTX Global, FTX Global Mesh and FTX Vector installed also. Any help would be appreciated.

2015-3-2_16-45-57-779_zps0uem99ci.png

2015-3-2_16-47-12-258_zpsyfbdjfrl.png

2015-3-2_16-46-20-399_zpsp2qomzhn.png

NAX669.png

Seems like an addon manager/activation issue.  Uninstall, download the latest version, install again - worked with my airports.

sig01.png

Any help would be appreciated.

If it was not activated properly you would not see the buildings after, what, 10 minutes.  I see the buildings.  This section of the scenery is simply not loading or it is slow loading.  I see all of the textures, they just haven't fully loaded yet. You could have high settings or a tweak in your P3D.cfg that could be causing slow loading of this section.  It is located in the most high resources area of the airport.  You can wait awhile for it to load or you can lower your settings.  The photos below are with my P3D2.5 settings at almost the default level (most sliders in the middle).  It would be an easy action to go ahead and just reinstall and see if Max is right but I just think your settings are too high.

2015-3-2_19-2-55-787.png

2015-3-2_19-2-59-349.png

2015-3-2_19-2-55-787.png

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Max and Jim,

Thanks very much for your help. It turns out that it was an airport elevation issue caused by FTX Global Vector. I had to use the exclude tool that they provide and now everything is as it should be. Thanks again.

NAX669.png

Thanks for posting your solution.  That's amazing the product is not compatible with FTX Global out of the box.  I use MSE v2 photoscenery so always make sure I have my FSDT stuff above the photoscenery.  Wonder if FTX is going to fix.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10