Sign in to follow this  
BamaKevin

Prepar3D v2 Hotfix (2.5.12944.0) Released

Just a heads up. EZDOK is broken with this hotfix :(

I'm using the 1.18.5 BETA (http://www.simforums.com/forums/ezca-1185-beta-available-for-download_topic51089_page1.html)

It's not completely broken as TrackIR works (in EZDOK) and all the saved views work, BUT there are no transitions anymore between the views and you can't 'look around' holding down the middle mouse button.

I even tried running the config.exe after 'installing' the hotfix and it's still a no go. So, back to the previous hotfix for now.

Just thought I'd let you know.

Thanks.

What about the old 1.17 prepar3d version does it work?

I could never get 1.18 working on any version so I stuck with the 1.17 update plus the prepar3d beta of 1.17 exe file copied over.

Maybe that will still work?

Folks, after you updated to the new version don't forget to delete the contents in your Shaders folder!
A file called GPUTerrain has changed so the contens in your shaders file has to be renewed.

Location of the map

C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Shaders

About ezdok I swear I installed the new hotfix and lost transitions and mouse look in ezdok...so I went back to the previous hotfix and everything was fine again. but apparently others are having no problems. It could very well have been another conflict with another add on. I'll try again in a couple of days now that asn and the others are releasing patches. Sorry for any confusion!

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Hi Rob. I have installed P3D V2.5 without any of the hotfixes...must i install both hotfixes or will the latest be sufficient? The reason I ask is that the file size of the latest hotfix is smaller than that of the first. I would expect the file size to be larger....?

Regards..

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

must i install both hotfixes or will the latest be sufficient?

I noticed that also ... LM information indicates that 12944 hotfix can be used to go from 12942 or 12943, so you should only need to do the single 12944 hot fix.

BUT, I've only gone from 12943 (full installer) to 12944.  I have inquired with LM about the file size difference as I too don't understand how a later 12944 "all inclusive" hotfix could be so much smaller than a 12943 hotfix ... unless 12943 contained more files than needed (i.e. didn't change from 12942).

So your concern is valid, and I have asked the same question with LM.  Considering I got some strange issues in 12944 that could NOT be replicated by LM, it certainly has me curious of the file size difference (2X difference in size is pretty significant).

Cheers, Rob.

ASN

EZDOC

All working fine with new patch

FSDream team update and Peters Ofc.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I noticed that also ... LM information indicates that 12944 hotfix can be used to go from 12942 or 12943, so you should only need to do the single 12944 hot fix.

keep Us posted on this Rob - something is not adding up - thanks buddy

Rich Sennett

unless 12943 contained more files than needed

I think that the 12944 Hotfix only contained P3d files where the file build number changed (mostly Prepar3d.exe and  LM-authored dlls). Other files, including 3rd party dlls that are shipped with P3d were not updated. LM licenses an number of 3rd party libraries and they may have decided that since none of those were changed, it was pointless to make the patch larger for no reason.

I'd consider it prudent to install both hotfix packages in sequence, or install the .44 over a full .43 install:

"LearningCenter.chm" - the help metafile - is only in the .43 package (this is the main reason for the difference in file size of the two hotfixes).

Also, the updates to the shaderHLSL directory are not the same in both packages.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

BUT, I've only gone from 12943 (full installer) to 12944.  I have inquired with LM about the file size difference as I too don't understand how a later 12944 "all inclusive" hotfix could be so much smaller than a 12943 hotfix ... unless 12943 contained more files than needed (i.e. didn't change from 12942).

So your concern is valid, and I have asked the same question with LM.  Considering I got some strange issues in 12944 that could NOT be replicated by LM, it certainly has me curious of the file size difference (2X difference in size is pretty significant).

Cheers, Rob.

For whatever it's worth, I just installed the latest(12944) with nothing in between - this is my first hotfix that I applied since installing 2.5.  So I went from whatever that version was to this one.  Everything seems to be working fine from what I can tell so far.  I hope I didn't mess something up somewhere.  L)

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

For whatever it's worth, I just installed the latest(12944) with nothing in between - this is my first hotfix that I applied since installing 2.5.  So I went from whatever that version was to this one.  Everything seems to be working fine from what I can tell so far.  I hope I didn't mess something up somewhere.  L)

I would be doing the same thing Kevin and pretty sure it will not be a problem

Rich Sennett