Sign in to follow this  
BamaKevin

Prepar3D v2 Hotfix (2.5.12944.0) Released

I think that the 12944 Hotfix only contained P3d files where the file build number changed (mostly Prepar3d.exe and  LM-authored dlls). Other files, including 3rd party dlls that are shipped with P3d were not updated. LM licenses an number of 3rd party libraries and they may have decided that since none of those were changed, it was pointless to make the patch larger for no reason.

Hotfix 12943 contained Particle.fxh & ParticleCS.fx in the ShadersHLSL folder, but HF 12944 does not.

Dave Garwood.

Hotfix 12943 contained Particle.fxh & ParticleCS.fx in the ShadersHLSL folder, but HF 12944 does not.

So that would mean that I should at the very least get those two files from 12943 and apply them too?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Ezdok works here as well.

Great thanks!

So that would mean that I should at the very least get those two files from 12943 and apply them too?

No idea if they're needed, just pointing out that there are files in one patch that aren't in the second.

Dave Garwood.

Plot thickens - may just wait for something more concrete - something seems a little shady here - thanks for the heads up Dave

Rich Sennett

Can someone confirm Particle.fxh and ParticleCS.fx in hotfix 12943 is identical to those same files in 12942?  If not, that would confirm a deployment issue.

Please (not able to check myself right now).

Cheers, Rob.

Can someone confirm Particle.fxh and ParticleCS.fx in hotfix 12943 is identical to those same files in 12942?  If not, that would confirm a deployment issue.

Please (not able to check myself right now).

Cheers, Rob.

Nope Particle is a different file size and ParticlesCS is the same file size

Original is 2.74 KB the 12943 version is 2.79 KB

Rich Sennett

I asked once for the new effects source files to have a version header in them but the idea was rejected. We shouldn't have to get a text comparison tool to know what has been changed from version to version - just very simple comments - and the version header. Oh well.

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

Hmm... this new update seems to have cut my FPS in half! Very disconcerting!!!

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

I´m not sure but since last hotfix everything runs way smoother on my mashine! I do not have tweaked cfg by the way!

Having been away from P3D for a little while, I just tried to simply right-click on the .zip and "Extract All..." into the P3D folder from the update .zip, but this only unzips a folder of the same name into the P3D root.   :rolleyes:

Unfortunately I advised someone to do it that way (sorry about that), but fortunately doing that does not wreck anything anyway. LM could make it easier to extract, if the .zip simply contained the P3D root files and subfolders for update.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

...On the Purchased Downloads page, I only see the full 12943 .zip now, I don't see an update 12944 available, has it been withdrawn?

Thanks Howard!

From Adam's post: "Below is a hotfix to bring 2.5.12942.0 & 2.5.12943.0 to 2.5.12944.0."

By the looks of the files contained in the updates, if we have 12942 installed copy over with 12943, and 12944. If we have 12943 installed, just apply 12944. And delete the Shaders folder.

I had 12942 installed so applied 12943, and 12944 on top. Performance seems pretty good, maybe the best it's been so far.