Sign in to follow this  
oscarduran10

New discovery

So today i tried the bufferpools 0 with water at 2xlow and the pmdg is just smooth with frame rates stable at 28 and in less demanding airports i get 30 stable. For once i can say stable. The problem is those flashing artifacts when panning or just randomly in the cockpit. So i raised the water to high but the defeats the whole purpose of the tweak cuz the frames drop. Then i thought if this tweak can create such a smoothness why would it also create artifacts flash. People say because it stresses the gpu but i got a gtx 780 and the load never goes past 40 so how exactly is it stressing it. I just dont understand how this tweak can make it so smooth with water on low but as soon as u put water high its not smooth anymore.

Please sign all posts with your full name as per PMDG forum rules.

I think your best bet of an answer with this is in the FSX forums, as this is specifically the support forum for PMDG and this isn't solely a PMDG issue, it is a FSX issue. Some of the guys might be able to give you some help here though.

So today i tried the bufferpools 0 with water at 2xlow and the pmdg is just smooth with frame rates stable at 28 and in less demanding airports i get 30 stable. For once i can say stable. The problem is those flashing artifacts when panning or just randomly in the cockpit. So i raised the water to high but the defeats the whole purpose of the tweak cuz the frames drop. Then i thought if this tweak can create such a smoothness why would it also create artifacts flash. People say because it stresses the gpu but i got a gtx 780 and the load never goes past 40 so how exactly is it stressing it. I just dont understand how this tweak can make it so smooth with water on low but as soon as u put water high its not smooth anymore.

I have a 780 as well and get no such artefacts.

If you PM me your email I will send you a copy of my FSX.cfg, but only after you sign your posts as per PMDG requirements.

Basically for courteous communication and avoidance of pirates. cheers!

See: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/361816-pmdg-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting/