Sign in to follow this  
UL612

777immersion contrail troubles

Hello,

Till now 777Immersion was working fine (ver1.0)
A few days ago, I did a complete reintall of my OS win7 and fsx.
Using the PMDG777,  the contrail effect is broken, the textures contrail are see as black square box, look like a texture is missing. This affects 777immersion ver.1 and 1.1 (install/uninstall both)

When I uninstall the contrail effect in the option, my contrail (I use a third party addon "3dcontrail Suppression Flight" for other jets) comes back and shows nicely. I didn't have this problem before the OS/FSX reinstallation !

Looking carrefully, it seems the right and left swirl contrails are there, only the main contrail is black.

My system :

OS win764, FSX acceleration
FSUIPC 4.939 is installed, my graphic card is a Nvidia GTX980 with 347.52 drivers.
I use FSX in DX9 mode (didn't try dx10 with Steve fixer). I don't have PrecipitFX installed.

Here is a copy of the 777Immersion contrail files founded in the effects fsx folder :
fsfx_T7_contrail_low.fx
fsfx_T7_contrail_mid.fx
fsfx_T7_contrail_mid.fx

and in the effects/texture folder :
fsfx_T7_contrail.bmp
fsfx_T7_left_contrail_swirl.bmp
fsfx_T7_right_contrail_swirl.bmp

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance !

Georges

Problem solved !

I completly delete the files copied by "3d contrail" of suppression flight in the effects folder, then I used a little utility called "gauges_recovery_fsx" to restore all original effects, then reinstall the Suppresion Flight 3dcontrail , reinstall the 777Immersion , and the 777immersion contrail with the pmdg777 is back again, no black squares anymore. This topic can be closed if needed.

Happy flights to all

Georges