Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

"Walkaround utility" - for P3D

Does anyone know if there is a utility available for P3D2, that would facilitate a "free roam" style camera, that I could use to perform a walkaround, of my aircraft?

I own OpusFSX but cannot see the capability anywhere - just custom camera views / DHM, etc.

I saw this product ;-  http://secure.simmarket.com/dbs-studio-walk-and-follow-fsx.phtml  .... but it's very old, and a review on there states it's not compatible with TrackIR, which I use.    Also don't know if it would work with P3D2.

I don't need complex camera capabilities a la Ezdok, I'm purely looking for a way to navigate right around the aircraft, if this is possible.

I remember being able to do with with "Active Camera" years ago, in FS9.

Thanks for any pointers.

Does anyone know if there is a utility available for P3D2, that would facilitate a "free roam" style camera, that I could use to perform a walkaround, of my aircraft?

I own OpusFSX but cannot see the capability anywhere - just custom camera views / DHM, etc.

I saw this product ;-  http://secure.simmarket.com/dbs-studio-walk-and-follow-fsx.phtml  .... but it's very old, and a review on there states it's not compatible with TrackIR, which I use.    Also don't know if it would work with P3D2.

I don't need complex camera capabilities a la Ezdok, I'm purely looking for a way to navigate right around the aircraft, if this is possible.

I remember being able to do with with "Active Camera" years ago, in FS9.

Thanks for any pointers.

I do this in Opus by setting up an external camera and then using the live camera control to 'walk' about so to speak. Works great with an Xbox/Playstation game pad.

Regards,

Daz

I do this in Opus by setting up an external camera and then using the live camera control to 'walk' about so to speak. Works great with an Xbox/Playstation game pad.

Regards,

Daz

Hello Daz,

Thanks for the reply.    At present, I only use Opus's standard (non-camera specific) DHM settings, so I've never really got to grips with the setting of camera positions, etc.

Could you give this thicko a couple of pointers as to how you go about doing what you've done, with the external camera and then walking about - as it's exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance.

I know FTX Orbx have a freeware utility called "BOB" First Person Mode. Not sure if that would help but I noticed it when downloading some freeware airport scenery last weekend.

https://fullterrain.com/freeware

At the bottom left of the page.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

I know FTX Orbx have a freeware utility called "BOB" First Person Mode. Not sure if that would help but I noticed it when downloading some freeware airport scenery last weekend.

https://fullterrain.com/freeware

At the bottom left of the page.

Thanks - I have that, but alas it is placed as an aircraft in FSX/P3D, so you can't then do a walkaround of your plane, as Bob becomes your aircraft. :smile:

It's good for exploring Orbx areas though.

Hello Daz,

Thanks for the reply.    At present, I only use Opus's standard (non-camera specific) DHM settings, so I've never really got to grips with the setting of camera positions, etc.

Could you give this thicko a couple of pointers as to how you go about doing what you've done, with the external camera and then walking about - as it's exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

The guide linked above should tell you everything you need to know.

Basically. click 'Cameras' in the Opus user panel, select the aircraft you want to create a camera for, tick the external camera bullet, adjust with on screen controls and save.

You will have to enable live camera control in the Opus config and decide whether you want to manipulate the camera with the on-screen controls or a USB game pad.

Lots of other personal preferences you can set like DHM, disable Track IR, panning sequences etc.

Regards,

Daz

Thanks Mario and thanks Daz - I'll take a closer look. :smile:

Ezdok allows you to move around at will, in and out of the cockpit, as long as "POV" is checked on the selected camera.

Ezdok allows you to move around at will, in and out of the cockpit, as long as "POV" is checked on the selected camera.

Thanks, I'm an ex-EZDOK user who now uses Opus for all things camera related.  The two don't play well together in some areas (eg TIR), and also the thought of trying to get to grips with EZDOK's GUI again after all these years gives me shivers!  ..but thanks.

I think I'm going to take Steve Dra's advice (another thread) and simply customize some of my own cameras and eyepoint parameters, and do the walkaround that way.

Thanks, I'm an ex-EZDOK user who now uses Opus for all things camera related.  The two don't play well together...

Yeah I'm a ASN user (no built-in-cameras), so Ezdok has always been my camera software of choice. Used in conjunction with TrackIR, I feel like all my bases are covered. I've got no issues with the GUI, but I remember scratching my head often when trying to set it up for the first time. Certainly not intuitive.

Good luck!

I'm pretty sure one of the last few releases of Opus added something they call Panning.  It's supposed to allow you to string several camera views into one Panning sequence, such as a walk-around.  Check the opus forum for Panning.

John

dbs Walk and Follow was my favourite in FSX. However, I have not been able to get it to work in P3D. So, I'm going to guess it's simply not compatible :-(

Signature2.png