Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

"Walkaround utility" - for P3D

I think I'm going to take Steve Dra's advice (another thread) and simply customize some of my own cameras and eyepoint parameters, and do the walkaround that way.

Thanks Craig.  I think you'll find once you get used to the key combo's to move your view (you can even map your own or assign to a spare hat on your flight controls, I just adapted to the defaults and can now walk around both the exterior and interior with reckless abandon, hehe) 

Here is the text from the other post Craig is referring to if ya'll want to explore my solution to this issue:

Hey Craig, funny you should ask about a camera utility...I don't actually use one, but I am passionate about getting cool and unusual angles for my shots, especially when I'm previewing a paint I'm about to release.

Here is a post I did back in June, describing in detail how to setup the default cameras that come with FSX to do your panoramic bidding.   :lol:

The only update I've made since then is changed the xyzrate to be 8 vs 4 (as you read the post, you'll see this is the speed at which the camera pans...by default its a paltry .25 meters per second...I bumped to 8...you can do your walk around pretty quick that way, LOL) 

Read the whole post and you'll be set on how to build (well modify the existing) camera sections in your aircraft.cfg files.

Click the link to head to the post in June....

http://forum.avsim.n...otos/?p=3008717

Let me know if this info is useful.   :wink:

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg