Sign in to follow this  
Ernesto182

Can't seem to finish a flight... CTD everytime

Hi guys! for the past 2-3 weeks I can't seem to finish a flight.. sometimes I can't even get to cruise level.

It has just happened minutes ago and the event viewer gives me this:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000
Faulting process id: 0xf38
Faulting application start time: 0x01d055b9be1a7f00
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 5c8d531b-c1b4-11e4-829d-10bf48e390a6
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I must say this has happened while I tried to reestablish my connection with IVAO (it gives me lots of problems.. my internet connection is bulls***) and all of a sudden a CTD has ocurred.

Can't understand why is this happening, i'd like to fix it as soon as possible :(

Cheers everyone!

1) Please sign the posts, it is a requirement for this forum

2) Does this only happen while on IVAO?

3) Try flying offline if problem still occurs try reducing your settings.

4) I'm no expert but download this application called - APPCRASHVIEW and see if a specific module is causing the problem.

Please sign the posts, it is a requirement for this forum

Just wanted to make a clarification here. There is no policy for AVSIM members to sign their posts with their name on AVSIM. PMDG has the requirement and PMDG only. It is optional for AVSIM Members.

Best regards,

Can't understand why is this happening, i'd like to fix it as soon as possible

A lot of individuals have solved unknown errors by uninstalling SP2 or repairing SP2. Just right click on the SP2.exe and when asked, select remove. You can also select repair but not sure if this has worked for anyone.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Whenever I had my FSX installed under Program Files (x86). I was also getting non-stop CTD. Not until I installed it under C:\Flightsim, for example. I just made a folder outside of Program Files (x86) and called it Flightsim, and then installed FSX in that folder.

1) Please sign the posts, it is a requirement for this forum

2) Does this only happen while on IVAO?

3) Try flying offline if problem still occurs try reducing your settings.

4) I'm no expert but download this application called - APPCRASHVIEW and see if a specific module is causing the problem.

Yeah, I just fly on IVAO. I'll try that application and see! thanks dude ;)

Just wanted to make a clarification here. There is no policy for AVSIM members to sign their posts with their name on AVSIM. PMDG has the requirement and PMDG only. It is optional for AVSIM Members.

Best regards,

A lot of individuals have solved unknown errors by uninstalling SP2 or repairing SP2. Just right click on the SP2.exe and when asked, select remove. You can also select repair but not sure if this has worked for anyone.

Best regards,

So you suggest to uninstall SP2 and fly without it right? I'll try this out too ;) thanks Firehawk!

Whenever I had my FSX installed under Program Files (x86). I was also getting non-stop CTD. Not until I installed it under C:\Flightsim, for example. I just made a folder outside of Program Files (x86) and called it Flightsim, and then installed FSX in that folder.

This will be my last try, if the thing of SP2 doesn't fix it I will do what you suggest and try it out. Thanks anyway! really appreciate your help!

o you suggest to uninstall SP2 and fly without it right? I'll try this out too ;) thanks Firehawk!

After uninstalling, I would recommend restarting FSX and then shutting it down and then reinstall SP2 with Admin Rights (right click and select run as Admin). Make sure your UAC is disabled too.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

After uninstalling, I would recommend restarting FSX and then shutting it down and then reinstall SP2 with Admin Rights (right click and select run as Admin). Make sure your UAC is disabled too.

Best regards,

Ok, so uninstall SP2, start FSX, shut it down, reinstall SP2 with admin rights and that's it.

How do I disable UAC?? I'm in windows 8.1

How do I disable UAC?? I'm in windows 8.1

See page 6 of the AVSIM CTD Guide and it will show you how and have a direct link to the website (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/%20turn-user-account-control-on-off#1TC=windows-7).

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM