Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[03MAR15] PMDG's First Product for XPlane...

YES YES YES YES YES

Thank you PMDG!  This is must by soon as it released for FSX.  HOpefully all that time flying warbirds will pay off lolol.  Better get back in the A2A B-17 and get brain up to keeping 4 radials happy. B)

Cheers

TJ

Excellent! :D

I'm intrigued to know what new things you have learnt and the hurdles that you may still face from this development? It's all so exciting lol

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the triple 7 will soon be in the xplane skies, especially after seeing the latest IXEG video :)

Alaister Kay

...we wouldn't invest tens of thousands of developer hours and the costs associated with development in order to "experiment with marketing numbers" on a platform....

I like what you are saying here, as I shared the same fear with Matt.   My biggest hopes would be as you experiment with this testbed for achieving the greatest degree of realism your company strives for on the X-Plane platform, we then see your other fantastic airliners come to X-Plane as well.  Then, as the dedicated pilots of your aircraft get to experience how these aircraft fly in X-Plane compared to other sims, more and more will come over to the Laminar side. Hopefully that would result in more people encouraging established scenery developers to jump on the bandwagon with them, where we could finally see an X-Plane world develop into its greatest potential, based on the flight model that the XPX pilots have always loved, the detailed visuals the MSFS pilots have flown in, and the best aircraft developers taking advantage of both of these aspects.

Thank you PMDG for giving this a shot...

Looks amazing. Not exactly my type of plane but will still purchase it :)

Barry Hicks

From EGFF to YSSY

looks really awesome! Thank you RSR and the whole PMDG team for the first project for XPX platform.

Are you guys at PMDG finding X-plane to be more realistic than FSX's engine? In what aspect is it more or less realistic?

One word: "Holy Carp!"

Welcome to the world of X-Plane! 

For the neigh-sayers, we've been wanting this all along.. the participation of major FSX players in the X-Plane community. While I know not of the hoops PMDG had to jump through to release this DC-6, I know it must have been a HUGE undertaking and we should welcome them with open arms.

This will only further the X-Plane platform... 

Thanks, PMDG, for the calculated risk you all took in this endeavor.

Ray S.

Check out my aviation portfolio:

http://scottshangar.net

Hello Robert,

I realize that the answer is probably no, but are you considering a cross platform price?  What i mean is could we buy a bundle for say both X-Plane and P3D obviously at a slight cost increase?

I want to buy this on day one, but my main sim is P3D, if i can buy for X-Plane but also get the P3D version in a bundle i would purchase that..

Ian R Tyldesley

Well, it looks great for sure - but it will be the FSX Version for me - don't own X-Plane 10

Did I read it right - there will be no Circuit Breaker Simulation in FSX then? Doesn't matter, really, just want to be sure :-)

thanks,

there will be no Circuit Breaker Simulation in FSX then?

Yes, Robert said it would cost 20FPS in FSX/P3D.

Ian R Tyldesley

Great to see an update about this beautiful aircraft :smile:

Apart from the circuit breaker - can we expect that the X-Plane and FSX/P3D versions of the DC-6B are exactly the same in terms of realism and system fidelity? And looking at the GPS I hope the FSX/P3D version will support Flight1's GTN 650.

Oh well, I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to the PMDG DC-6B  :BigGrin:

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

So how is it like to make an aircraft on xplane platform from a developer point of view? Is it generally easier than FSX/P3D? Do you have more options? Do you still have to apply many programming tricks to bypass limitations or does it work better out of the box? Is it more satisfying and rewarding to program for x-plane? Being a developer myself (not FS) I would like to hear some comparison and verdict from PMDG programmers.

Daniel Sagner

... Wow. I didn't refresh this page for a couple of hours and bam, I see this. Excellent news, Captain Randazzo - the model looks excellent and I'm really looking forward to buying and flying this plane. I've mostly only flown jet tubeliners, so flying an old radial-engine plane will be a new challenge. I like it.

Hopefully this will be released soon, and the 777/747 following suit soon afterwards.

I've got similar questions as others above as well: how'd you find the development experience in X-Plane as compared to FSX? Anything that you guys really liked about XPlane that wasn't in FSX, or vice versa?

Next, will PMDG be opening a support forum at x-plane.org as well, and by extension, will this product be sold at the .org store, or through PMDG's proprietary system?

Thanks.

Yesss!! Great, great news!! You have another day 1 buyer!