Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[03MAR15] PMDG's First Product for XPlane...

The DC-6B is a strange old aircraft, some elements are pretty straightforward.  Engine start, with the primers, boosters and mags, is procedural. Once you've nailed it a couple of times, it's pretty straight forward.

Automatics will obviously be straight forward as it looks like (with the Sperry A-12) we'll just have "gyro hold" (heading) and "altitude hold" to worry about.   :smile:

What makes me nervous about this aircraft, is the manual fuel management.  And I don't mind admitting, if there is an 'auto' (cheat) setting, I'd be the first to use it!

If I have an temporary lapse of judgement and ever get this plane, I know my YT video will be "How to crash an DC-6B in Xplane" :-)

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

I'll just observe that you're now coming across like a real spoilt kid that wanted cola candy but got cherry.

But I wanted Vanilla!!!!

I couldn't read through all the post's, so my apologies if this has already been answered.

Quite a few of us here love to use more than one simulator, I myself use P3D, X-plane and FSX.

Does PMDG have any plans on making available a package price where we would be able to make a single purchase for all  available platforms?

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

Great News!

I hope other developers will follow soon..and support the 64Bit sim that is currently available, that  provides smooth fps and takes advantage of modern HW.

I 'll buy this.

Does PMDG have any plans on making available a package price where we would be able to make a single purchase for all  available platforms?

I'm not part of PMDG, so I can't speak for them, of course.

However... I HIGHLY doubt that will happen. There may be a package where you can buy the FSX/FSX:SE/XPX version together, since those will probably fall under an entertainment license. P3D being the way it is, however, would mean the licensing conditions coupled with the purchase of said add-on, would be entirely different than those included with the FSX(SE)/XPX product.

A W E S O M E! I wonder if the circuit breakers will make it into FSX, though...

Unless PMDG change the underlying FSX code I doubt it.

Edit: I am so excited for this. I was literally giddy as a school girl while reading RSR's post. Doesn't matter what it is, any aircraft simulated to this degree is something I must have.

I wonder if the circuit breakers will make it into FSX, though...

Re-read the post  :wink:

(The answer is, unfortunately, no. "In FSX/P3D putting this many click spots into the airplane takes about 20fps... so we simply haven't bothered...")

Kyle Rodgers

A W E S O M E! I wonder if the circuit breakers will make it into FSX, though...

i think you missed the post about 20fps per clickspot..no it wont make it to fsx

Definitely a "buy" for me, both the DC-6 and XP10. B)

Strange, my last X-Plane versions were v4 and v6 back in 1998/2002...

Ordered the XP-10 10-DVDs-set today and I am just downloading the demo.

Odd sequence actually, but I read that the Nvidia-3D-Vision wrapper should work also on the demo.

And 3D-Vision is my only way to go...

Let's wait :Cuppa:  , and see :dirol:

Thanks PMDG for all the effort, but I am sure it will be worthwhile!

i think you missed the post about 20fps per clickspot..no it wont make it to fsx

Splitting hairs here, but it wasn't 20 fps PER clickspot, it was 20 fps for this amount of clickspots (extra).