Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[03MAR15] PMDG's First Product for XPlane...

Re-read the post  :wink:

(The answer is, unfortunately, no. "In FSX/P3D putting this many click spots into the airplane takes about 20fps... so we simply haven't bothered...")

Oh sorry, missed that. Thanks for the heads up! Even without this thing will be remarkable! A great workhorse to fly around Alaska, Canada and maybe even Africa.

As it turns out, I guessed correctly last November that the X-Plane project is in fact the DC-6.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/454671-pmdg-secret-project/page-12 . See post 180.

Looking forward to seeing it on FSX as I don't have XP. From what I've read, the DC-6 is considered more of a techno. testing ground for PDMG in X-plane rather than a real money maker ( and the staff likes the DC-6). Maybe I misinterpreted ? I do hope it does have some semblance of a financial success. It would be great so see other classics to follow. Soon, if not already, the market will be saturated with modern glass cockpit planes. And new real life jetliners don't come out that often. It seems it would make sense for developers to start doing older,more less known AC. There are so many that have never been done. But I'm sure formal and maybe not so formal marketing analysis will make that determination.

Anyway, glad to see this project coming to life. Thanks PMDG for the detailed update. This plane really looks fun. Really looking forward to seeing it on the market.

Cheers,

Brian

Looking forward to seeing it on FSX as I don't have XP. From what I've read, the DC-6 is considered more of a techno. testing ground for PDMG in X-plane rather than a real money maker ( and the staff likes the DC-6). Maybe I misinterpreted ? I do hope it does have some semblance of a financial success.

I think this goes more in the direction of the X-Plane project. If you start with a new plattform it is unrealistic to reach the break even point with the new plattform in your first release. You will have many false starts, till you get, where you want to be. If you don't look at these added costs and simply calculate as if the X-Plane project would have been as expensive as the FSX version then you might be in the direction that they hope to reach with this new project line.

For X-Plane it depends. If the sales are promising compared to the old plattforms this will be a positive remark but they will only look at the numbers after the first two or three releases, without looking at the production costs for the first plane.

It won't be a strictly mathematical consideration. It woll also depend on: Do I get even near the break even. Do I have the chance to get better results with the next project. Could I lower the production costs in the next plane and so on.

Beautiful new aircraft for X-Plane and I'm so glad to start having PMDG aircraft to fly in this simulator too.

I will be buying this (like I always do with PMDG) as soon as it is released.

Just having PMDG in X-Plane will raise the bar for all other developers.

Happy for the X-Plane users here, and happy that the DC-6 will also be licensed for P3DV2. I think the DC-6 will be a huge success for PMDG and righly so, judging from the opening post and screenshots. Thanks for the update, RSR.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

I hope something can be done with the throttles other than the default X plane way - especially with a hardware dual throttle, it would be nice to be able to put left engines on 1 throttle and right engines on another. Else you have to invest in a 4 axis throttle or have them all controlled off of 1 single axis (which makes it real hard to maneuver on the ground)

A DC-6 Classic......Brilliant!! I'm all In!! 

Thank You for the update and Beautiful pics.Cheers!!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Just this once give us the benefit of the doubt that we are pretty good at what we do- and we wouldn't invest tens of thousands of developer hours and the costs associated with development in order to "experiment with marketing numbers" on a platform....

That would be just plane... erm... plain foolish.

JustPlanes.com confirmed tomfoolery? ...kidding. Nice work!

I love to say  to say    I TOLD YOU SO>>>

From now on you guys in the forums never doubt me again. ;)

Now if we can convince PMDG to start making mods for Farming simulator !!

Peter Osborn

Great news indeed, thank you sir!!!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Sounds great!  I can't wait.  One request though, please make your next project for X-Plane a Boeing 707-320.  We need one sooooo badly.

J

In fact, I'll say it again, I am not convinced about the product choice.

XP'ers don't just fly anything, you know!

I'm probably getting X-Plane specifically for this.

I find these more hands-on birds way more interesting playgrounds than watching a tubeliner going around on its own for hours could provide (could as well just watch youtube ;) ), I think it is really nice to have an occasional product targeted to folks like me. Perhaps being in smaller group, it doesn't mean it won't be appreciated.

--

Arto Karhu