Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[03MAR15] PMDG's First Product for XPlane...

One step closer to leaving FSX and going to Xplane's 64 bit operating platform.

Cpt. Randazzo, will PMDG be offering the printed manual(s) for the DC6-B?  If not, will we be allowed to print the .pdf manual(s)?

But I must honestly say that XP-10 is visually and in terms of performance very convincing. E.g. the sloped (and twisted) runways and taxiways are awesome, the lighting system for cities, airports and runways in conjunction with the road traffic at night has the respective effect on the pilot's perception. It looks and feels realistic. The level of detail of landscapes with trees, cityscapes with buildings and their overall diversity is homogeneous and immersive.

XP-10 is an approved simulator (visuals) for pilot training (professional) and that is quite noticeable.

The only stock A/C that convinced me at FSX/P3D levels in terms of visuals for VCs is the "Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird". Also the exterior model here is very nice.

Maybe it is time to order an add-on-bird to get an even better foretaste of what it will be like flying a PMDG A/C inside XP-10...  B)

I'd recommend adding the free HD scenery mesh for the areas you fly in, and if you want an old airliner to keep you going until the DC-6 arrives, either of FlyJSim's 1960's Boeings are worth looking at. They are not near PMDG level of depth, but they are still quite complex and come with simple tools to make loading, fuel planning and V-speed calculation really quick and easy - and the flight models are fabulous. And they're not expensive either.

Alistair Brown

0.png

Unlike MSFS XPLANE does updates that sometimes break aircraft. How are you going to handle this?

Unlike MSFS XPLANE does updates that sometimes break aircraft. How are you going to handle this?

I would assume they would fix the break.

That's definitely seeing the glass half-empty!!

Looking at a constantly supported and updated plataform as a downside! WOW!

If you take a look at XPlane's Development Blog you'll see that the devs are very conscious about making and breaking stuff. They update things considering not to break anything, and when necessary they advise third-party devs. Also that's why their Beta periods are for.

In this form? Not often. In most cases such changes are minute (trim settings changed their scale compared to XP9). But designers have another problem:

Planes can become obsolete, not due to technical difficulties, but new features allow significant advantages, so older planes look or feel outdated.

But if we look at the market: Even Carenado/Alabeo is still able to update their planes. Instead they go beyond the X-Plane APIs (ScrollWheel support).

I think this will be an interesting oint: Will PMDG planes have Scrollwheel support?

Actually FSX-SE is going through a Beta update right now that has broken the PMDG T7 and the Aerosoft A3xxx series. So FSX is being updated since DTG has taken the reigns.

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

As an FSX PMDG customer i am aware that PMDG have an operations center to communicate with their FSX customers and notifying them about updates which can be installed via the operations center directly to the aircraft folder. Also nowadays, the communication between customers and developers via facebook, forums,developer's website ...has never been easier...

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

I'd recommend adding the free HD scenery mesh for the areas you fly in, and if you want an old airliner to keep you going until the DC-6 arrives, either of FlyJSim's 1960's Boeings are worth looking at. They are not near PMDG level of depth, but they are still quite complex

Thank you very much Alistair :rolleyes:  !

I am just trying out my raw data nav skills on a FlyJSim's 737-200 in heavy winter storms. I have just one hour on a complex A/C within the XP-10 platform, but I am really fascinated!

The weather radar is looking fine and you even hear the hail against the windows. I crashed already once due to wing icing because I forgot to turn on Wing Anti-Ice at freezing temperatures and heavy precipitation (I was given the appropriate info on a little XP-10 pop up screen)... :blink:

Cockpit shadows working, default scenery looking good, lighting system superb! Weather system professional, great performance, easy installation of A/Cs, customization capabilities beyond imagination...

IMO PMDG did the right step to take XP-10 serious because it is SERIOUS!

Sure, as a long term FSX/P3D owner you have to get used to the different way of handling habits but IMO XP-10 is beyond what competitors have to offer. It is a professional sim! Flawless so to say when looking at the hurdles other sims put in the way of result oriented flight simulation.  B)

Although I'm not an XP user, I think it's great that the X-Plane group will get their own PMDG product, get it first rather than a hand-me-down, and get such a priceless beauty of an aircraft as well, all wrapped up in one beautiful package.

Captain Randazzo, that bird is truly sierra hotel!

Kattz out.

Although I'm not an XP user, I think it's great that the X-Plane group will get their own PMDG product, get it first rather than a hand-me-down, and get such a priceless beauty of an aircraft as well, all wrapped up in one beautiful package.

Captain Randazzo, that bird is truly sierra hotel!

Kattz out.

I saw it more as the cult that will only fly PMDG will finally have a reason to  test the cool XPX waters.