Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[03MAR15] PMDG's First Product for XPlane...

I dunno - the FF 757 and 777 work well enough. Agreed, it doesn't *look* as good as PMDG's and checklists are next to useless, but that's why we have XChecklist.

If there's one thing that X-Plane needs sorely, it's a decent VATSIM client that extrapolates a plane's distance from the ground and allow X-Plane pilots to fly with 'runways follow terrain contours' left on. Also, add more high-res CSLs. If PilotEdge can do it, why not with VATSIM? XsquawkBox is a joke next to the PilotEdge client.

If there's one thing that X-Plane needs sorely, it's a decent VATSIM client ...? XsquawkBox is a joke next to the PilotEdge client.

Have you seen Swift? It is still in development, but it looks promising.

Have you seen Swift? It is still in development, but it looks promising.

Yes, I've seen it. I hope they do a good job.

This is going to be a great milestone for X-Plane and the X-Plane community...

Regarding anybodys good or bad opinions you really can't argue with the level of interest.   over 100 Thousand views in 6 weeks  :o 

Poppet,

Correct! Way more than the others notably. Whats that about X-plane not being popular?

Frank Slipper

Well, there aren't any addons in the same league as PMDG or A2A for any platform.

Well said Mike. I think many are under-rating XPlane in its present and future form - it will just get better. I am looking forward to PMDG releases for my preferred platform. I also have P3D.

I did buy the PMDG cockpit panels for the B737 in advance and hoping to use them soon for their XPlane version of the software. It should be interesting.

Jim Morgan

Poppet,

Correct! Way more than the others notably. Whats that about X-plane not being popular?

Frank Slipper

I think it's called desperation....    :P

The sad part is this year we get the announcement and next year will get the release  :Cry:

The sad part is this year we get the announcement and next year will get the release  :Cry:

not really. RSR said that the beta will be released soon so perhaps we will get it before christmas 

not really. RSR said that the beta will be released soon so perhaps we will get it before christmas 

I sure hope so...  If it doesn't come out this year, then we have the IXEG 737-300 to fly.

If it doesn't come out this year, then we have the IXEG 737-300 to fly.

That's correct!

And in order to be well prepared (pun intended) for this and other excellent A/Cs e.g. by PMDG, I am already enjoying the existing great planes inside XP10. :rolleyes:

O.K., migration to XP10 is more of a big move rather than just moving next door, but this way you will get rid of the annoying neighborhood one had to stand for quite a long time now... B)

I sure hope so...  If it doesn't come out this year, then we have the IXEG 737-300 to fly.

Unless the IXEG 737-300 isn't released this year either! :lol:

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Unless the IXEG 737-300 isn't released this year either! :lol:

That would be a big disappointment!

For me the only thing Xplane has going for it are the flight dynamics and the fact its 64 bit. Love flying GA aircraft on Xplane but none of them compare to A2A products for FSX/P3D. None of the airliners available for Xplane are as high fidelity as what is available for FSX/P3D except maybe the 737-200 and 727, I'm hoping that PMDG and IXEG will provide what is currently lacking. 

I need to disagree with you on your statement about high fidelity. I have the entire Carenado fleet for X-Plane, and most of the same models for FSX, and by far they don't compare, not in eye candy and graphic detail, nor in actual flight, preparation etc. The XP Carenado models are a far better joy to fly than the same in FSX. Whether we like it or not and what we have cut our teeth on, FSX has reached it's peak and old age, and remains riddled with bugs never to be fixed, along with P3D carrying over these same issues.

There comes a time when we have to acknowledge and accept that everything gets old, and it's time to move on. I have just added to my collection for XP recently, the superb Pilatus PC-12 by Shade Tree Micro, the Diamond DA42 Twin Star by Aerobask, and the latest release of the C-17 Globemaster III from Virtavia (I have the FS9 and FSX version of this from same name as comparison). These are fine models released by very competent names, and the fidelity, flight model and overall satisfaction of my purchase very rewarding. That's why I personally am waiting patiently for the first PMDG model in XP.

Again these equivalent models in FSX are no comparison now.

Regards