Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[03MAR15] PMDG's First Product for XPlane...

most X-Plane users will not be aware of this release if it's on a different website.

I disagree -- within minutes the news of this thread has been spread across all important X-Plane forums (.org, x-pilot, Aerosoft), and I doubt it will be different when the actual aircraft is released. X-Plane users are waiting everywhere ;)

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

As an X-Plane user myself and also P3d I will be buying this wonderful aircraft.

Robert, as we say in Spain, that's enter in X-Plane's development through the front door. I recently fell into the temptation to buy X-Plane 10, and although I feel more comfortable in the ESP environment, now my heart is broken. I have thousands of euros invested in add ons for FSX, many of whom also serve me for P3D, just bought the 777 for P3D (already had the FSX one), and now I see that I will have the DC-6 available for the three platforms ... of course, can not buy in duplicate or triplicate each PMDG, so I'm in a "sea of doubt" that I hope the time goes clearing. Are tips are welcome...

Thanks for making our life more exciting yet... :Applause:

Gerard Cabezón
Check my Youtube's Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Gerardius

Congratulations Robert and team on your first X-plane product! Definitely a day 1 buy for me, I've already made sure I have a little extra cash for this and got an extra Saitek throttle for the four radials.

Did anyone notice that PMDG used SkyMaxx Pro in their screenshots of the DC-6? :smile:

Yes :)

For future screenshots, a nice airport and city scenery would be nice, too. Such as KSAN, KLAX or KSFO freeware by "MisterX6".

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Robert - 

I know discussion about an autopilot for a bird like this, is about as fitting as a girl o'the night in a cathedral, but thinking about "moments of relief" for us virtual pilots (eg.. popping to the bathroom), will anything be provided with the DC-6B ?

As I understand it, no DC-6s flying today have autopilots, but I wondered whether something could be done with a "virtual FO" that can fly the aircraft (to the same parameters as an autopilot).

In otherwords, realism isn't compromised by having an unrealistc KFC225 in the panel, but there is the option to "tell the FO to hold heading and alt" for example.

Any good?

PS.... looking great.  I may have to buy X-Plane now!

To hell with FSX/P3D. To think you loose 20FPS for modelling Breakers... This pretty much whacks the nail on the head. It needs to be laid to rest, completely!

I bought P3D, I gave it a chance, but the thing still doesn't feel right... Feels like FSX is actually better than P3D. The shadows and reflections just don't cut it. The resource sharing between cpu/gpu is great, yet, somehow performance is still degraded on a very modern cpu/gpu.

X-Plane looks sensational, and is a proper step, in precisely the right direction. Those pictures look amazing! It seems, there is more freedom in xplane...

I'm not a fan of the coal burners, but the DC-6 I suspect, is about to inspire! To me they also represent the golden age of aviation.

Bring it on PMDG! You guys rock! And so do the people you work with (Boeing) for allowing you what basically seems like, carte Blanche, to their data to build these aircraft!!!

Brian Nellis

Brian Nellis

Ok here I come XPlane :)

As a proud prop flyer this is the pinnacle.

Just to offer feedback (happy however you do it). 

I wish there would be an option to remove the GPS on the panels. (I am not lost without it :P )

Another damn purest I am.

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

Hahahahahah PMDG never stops delivering brilliance!

Now their first "sandbox" project is amongs the highest detailed planes in the simulator!

I will now start to buy all their products again. 

X-Plane FTW!!!

~Craig~, on 04 Mar 2015 - 3:10 PM, said:

Robert - 

I know discussion about an autopilot for a bird like this, is about as fitting as a girl o'the night in a cathedral, but thinking about "moments of relief" for us virtual pilots (eg.. popping to the bathroom), will anything be provided with the DC-6B ?

As I understand it, no DC-6s flying today have autopilots, but I wondered whether something could be done with a "virtual FO" that can fly the aircraft (to the same parameters as an autopilot).

In otherwords, realism isn't compromised by having an unrealistc KFC225 in the panel, but there is the option to "tell the FO to hold heading and alt" for example.

Any good?

PS.... looking great.  I may have to buy X-Plane now!

Craig,

The DC-6B will come equipped with a Sperry A-12 autopilot.

Cheers,

Henning

dc6_devteam_banner.jpg

then I saw the RR photos at the window of a DC-6

If you're thinking of this one, that's actually Henning:

dc6_driver.jpg

If you're thinking of RSR's avatar image, that's actually the PMDG Flight Ops DC3:

IMG_3846.JPG

He's the short guy on the left. Then again, I can't judge because I'm the short guy on the right. In actuality, neither of us are too terribly short. Aaron and Eric are just freakishly tall...

The profile pic is from the 2014 Become a Pilot Day at the Udvar Hazy Center at IAD:

http://www.aviationqueen.com/the-airplane-geeks-go-to-pilotday14/

To supplement what Henning said, have a look here, in the middle, above the LANDING GEAR label (in the middle, above the grey portion of the panel):

PMDG_DC6_Virtual_Cockpit_03.jpg

You can see the words "GYRO PILOT" and "ALTITUDE CONTROL."

Kyle Rodgers

The important question we're all asking ourselves: is Jack working on this project or not? ;):)