Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[03MAR15] PMDG's First Product for XPlane...

X-Plane is a certified simulator

X-Plane can be a certified simulator. FSX can be a certified simulator (see Microsoft ESP).

Just wanted to make that part clear.

Kyle Rodgers

For me the only thing Xplane has going for it are the flight dynamics and the fact its 64 bit. Love flying GA aircraft on Xplane but none of them compare to A2A products for FSX/P3D. None of the airliners available for Xplane are as high fidelity as what is available for FSX/P3D except maybe the 737-200 and 727, I'm hoping that PMDG and IXEG will provide what is currently lacking. 

David Thwaites

For me the only thing Xplane has going for it are the flight dynamics and the fact its 64 bit. Love flying GA aircraft on Xplane but none of them compare to A2A products for FSX/P3D. None of the airliners available for Xplane are as high fidelity as what is available for FSX/P3D except maybe the 737-200 and 727, I'm hoping that PMDG and IXEG will provide what is currently lacking.

As you have pointed out XPs biggest weakness is developer support. That is changing.

None of the airliners available for Xplane are as high fidelity as what is available for FSX/P3D except maybe the 737-200 and 727, I'm hoping that PMDG and IXEG will provide what is currently lacking.

Did you try the FF 757 Pro or one of the JAR busses? They are all progressing quite fast and there is some significant activity in the sector of upcoming/expected releases (scenery, AI traffic, A/Cs, hardware).

They all share a big advantage: IMO they run in the superior - "more natural" - simulator.

One thing I noticed regarding P3D (and to a certain degree also in FSX:SE) is that IMO the great PMDG A/C cockpits look (and feel) more artificial here than in the "original" FSX environment.

Maybe it is a matter of taste, but as a "former/paused" FSX(:SE)/P3D user having migrated recently to XP10, I have to say that I really feel the nature/physics surrounding me now... B)

EDIT: I just saw this:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/467781-xp10-vfr-in-the-czech-republic/?p=3229934

... in terms of "scenery activities"... 

Edited by vr-pilot

Did you try the FF 757 Pro or one of the JAR busses? They are all progressing quite fast and there is some significant activity in the sector of upcoming/expected releases (scenery, AI traffic, A/Cs, hardware).

They all share a big advantage: IMO they run in the superior - "more natural" - simulator.

One thing I noticed regarding P3D (and to a certain degree also in FSX:SE) is that IMO the great PMDG A/C cockpits look (and feel) more artificial here than in the "original" FSX environment.

Maybe it is a matter of taste, but as a "former/paused" FSX(:SE)/P3D user having migrated recently to XP10, I have to say that I really feel the nature/physics surrounding me now... B)

EDIT: I just saw this:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/467781-xp10-vfr-in-the-czech-republic/?p=3229934

... in terms of "scenery activities"...

Flown the JAR A320 a lot and IMO it pales in comparison to the Aerosoft A320 let alone what FSLabs are currently producing. And considering the JAR Airbus is double the cost of the Aerosoft ones it says a lot really.

David Thwaites

Vr-pilot,

I 101% agree with you. I'm surprised that some developers still continue with FSX/P3D.

There's a 737 on the horizon that is certainly going to move a few sheep. 

its quite apparent among us whom actually fly which sim is more preferable. 

I am very much looking forward to PMDG entering the XP market. I really feel their products will shine... imagine a world whereby you could actually complete a LH flight in the 777.

Franky Slipper   

I am experimenting with XPLANE 10 and see great potential. Yes, more developers are needed but it is in no way a poor product. One thing is for sure, even though there are new products constantly being developed for FSX, the base is 10 years old and has seen its time. P3D wont be 64 bit so the logical choice is XPLANE. More and more developers are coming online and the future is bright. Unless P3D does truly become 64 bit then XPLANE is the way to go.

Yes there is great *POTENTIAL* in the Xplane platform but at the moment the Weather engine is awful and virtually all the airliners available are terrible compared to their FSX/P3D equivalents. Flying GA aircraft is a pleasure but again no GA aircraft for Xplane even compare to an A2A aircraft for P3D. This is where I believe PMDG can make the difference. Ow and by the way calling the people you want to convert to Xplane "sheep" is not a good way to get them to change. People who have believe Xplane to be the future need the FSX crowd to come over to Xplane to make it more commercially viable to addon creators. Insulting them is not the best way to go about that,

Vr-pilot,

I 101% agree with you. I'm surprised that some developers still continue with FSX/P3D.

There's a 737 on the horizon that is certainly going to move a few sheep. 

its quite apparent among us whom actually fly which sim is more preferable. 

I am very much looking forward to PMDG entering the XP market. I really feel their products will shine... imagine a world whereby you could actually complete a LH flight in the 777.

Franky Slipper  

The reason they continue is they know FSX/P3D inside out and the main market for sales is on the FSX/P3D side of the equation. The main extremely high fidelity aircraft are all on the FSX/P3D platform and not Xplane. The platform may have potential but that's all it is at the moment. And the prices some of the Xplane developers charge for their products is ridiculous.

David Thwaites

Ow and by the way calling the people you want to convert to Xplane "sheep" is not a good way to get them to change.

Not sure it was meant in the way you're perceiving it. I believe it's a figure of speech.

"Move a few sheep" seems like it's analogous to "make the change," or "move to the new sim."

Kyle Rodgers

Not sure it was meant in the way you're perceiving it. I believe it's a figure of speech.

"Move a few sheep" seems like it's analogous to "make the change," or "move to the new sim."

Fair enough, I'm obviously reading it wrong  :P

PMDG and IXEG products will certainly bring the quality of addons for Xplane to a much higher level but it still has a very long way to go to match what is available for FSX/P3D and until that happens you wont get the masses flocking to the platform. Certainly looking forward to the DC-6!

David Thwaites

one is a dilapidated 'game', the other a genuine 'simulator'.

Franky Slipper

one is a dilapidated 'game', the other a genuine 'simulator'.

Franky Slipper

There's no need to be that harsh about X-Plane.....

:lol:

There's an absolute need for you to take tablets!  :lol:

Frank slipper

I would of thought if you wanted to Troll, you would,  gentle gently plant a seed and watch it gently gently grow, not thunder in with this,   ashtray on a motorbike attempt   :rolleyes:

I always chuckle when people say that there aren't any addon aircraft for X-Plane like PMDG or A2A. Well, there aren't any addons in the same league as PMDG or A2A for any platform. They are the gold standard when it comes to flight simulator aircraft. That's why those of us who use X-Plane would like to see them cross over to the dark side. I use all the simulators, that way I don't feel cheated.

NAX669.png