Sign in to follow this  
AJT1967

Night Environment UK

Just had to post this:

Night Environment UK has totally transformed my sim. This is a screenshot of the Carenado Cessna 337 coming in to land at my old home airport (Southend, UK). Still cannot believe how good this is. Was also able to visually navigate there at night. I would recommend this package to anybody who is serious about night flying.

NightLights.jpg

Chicken Patty,

Sorry, I'm on Australian time, but later I will do a flight to France so I can do a comparison shot of default lighting for you.

what kinda performance hit is there?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

fakeflyer737;

I did not think that there was too much of a performance hit at all. My frames seemed to drop around London City airport and heading out to Heathrow (but I was expecting this). External views dropped to around 15fps, but I'm only running an i5 3770k, 8Gb RAM and a GTX660 video card.

This is at 1920x1080 resolution as well. All other areas around the UK were between 27-30 fps in DX10 mode.

Agreed. NE products really do add immersion to the dated sim. I would install XP10 every now and then just to enjoy some night flights in it but after picking up on nearly all NE regions (except the States), I've dumped everything else and continue flying night in FSX. Superb product and far less taxing on the system when compared to other products that offer a similar feature.

I look forward to NE moving more towards the East on the globe and to their in-development external manager (since having any more than 2 regions installed will elongate your scenery library to the middle of the Earth - exaggerated yes, but Chris if you're reading this you know what I mean. Haha).