Sign in to follow this  
deetee

PMDG DC-6B on approach

PMDG is using this entrance as sandbox to learn, so they will be more than happy if sale break even (my HO of course).

Nope. The break even isn't really a possibility. A launch project always demands more time and therefor money. You can't expect to really earn this investment with the first plane.back. But they will probably take a look at the sales compared to the other plattforms.

But they won't determine anything. The following projects will be more important to determine if and how this plattform will be profiable for them. If I look at their statements it seems to me that X-Plane gathered a few friends among the developers.

someone on another thread said that RSR said that  DC-6 was ready for FSX almost 2 years ago. this is real interesting because it seams like the DC-6 was slightly ported over. Most likely PMDG have learned new tricks for converting these Original FSX planes to Xplane and it will most likely be that we will get the 777 and the 737NGX a lot sooner

Does anyone else noticed the instruments look very flat on the screenshots? Like if there were no 3d needles modelled?

Other than that, i'm pretty excited (would be just tiny little bit more excited if it was MD-11 ^_^ )

That was the first thing I noticed. I could be wrong, but many of those gauges look like stock X-Plane gauges. The radios too. I know full 3D gauges take a lot of time to model, but I guess I was expecting something like the great-looking 3D gauges in the LES DC-3 model.

I'm sure there's a lot of good stuff under the hood with the flight model, engine management, etc. I'll probably buy it, since I'm much more into vintage planes than modern airliners. It's just curious that they're aiming for a cockpit eye-candy level a step below what Carenado, LES and others are doing in X-Plane. Maybe they think X-Planers won't notice? It will be interesting to see what the night lighting in the cockpit looks like.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

What an aircraft!!! I might just force myself to splash out on this though it might take months of learning just to complete a flight.

I think the announcement on it's own probably lifted xplane sales lol

Regards

I'm very excited to see PMDG releasing a plane for the X-Plane platform. I just bought it and really like it. I'm dazzled by the flight dynamics. I really hope to see developers like A2A Simulations, RealAir and EagleSoft come on board as well :)

I hope PMDG will fully adopt X-Plane as a platform to develop for. I think would be a very important step to get more developers over; scenery developers as well.

someone on another thread said that RSR said that  DC-6 was ready for FSX almost 2 years ago. this is real interesting because it seams like the DC-6 was slightly ported over. Most likely PMDG have learned new tricks for converting these Original FSX planes to Xplane and it will most likely be that we will get the 777 and the 737NGX a lot sooner

It's not a conversion.  RSR used the DC-6 knowledge to develop the XPX version.  There are features in XPX that PMDG could not implement in FSX/P3D.

Nope. The break even isn't really a possibility. A launch project always demands more time and therefor money. You can't expect to really earn this investment with the first plane.back. But they will probably take a look at the sales compared to the other plattforms.

But they won't determine anything.

By sharing the development cost with also a release on FSX/P3D, they will be more than break even.  XPX is still much smaller market than FSX, without some kind of co-cost development, developer won't make enough money to justify.  

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

This is Perfect though I would have preferred a Super constellation a DC-6B is a worthier superstition.. 

I won't be buying it...don't like old aircraft, I want modern. Will buy ixeg and rotatesim's MD80.

Regards

Paul EGCC

Regards

Paul EGCC

Happily, I love old radial powered aircraft. Will buy for sure. Could be an age thing. Often went with my dad to the airport in the 50's. He owned a surplus trainer. A BT-13. I also shared a hangar with a Pitts M-12, and a Russian radial.

Awesome sound!

This looks like a pilot would need a PHD in aerodynamics and physics just to fly it straight-and-level, so it's going to be great fun to try it out and learn the systems (Please gives us a good tutorial like with the NGX). But anyway, having PMDG on X-Plane finally is great news, and hopefully it will be the first of many.

This is Perfect though I would have preferred a Super constellation a DC-6B is a worthier superstition.. 

Who knows? You may get your wish as this will be their Flagship launch into their new "PMDG Classics" line-up

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Who knows? You may get your wish as this will be their Flagship launch into their new "PMDG Classics" line-up

O yes that would be wonderful.

I think a reason for the DC-6 being chosen is that it is still a workhorse cargo plane in some parts of the world.  The Connie is an absolute beauty for sure, but like with the DC-7, those turbo compound Wright engines were very complex designs and were nightmares for mechanics. Probably a big reason why the Connies and 7s aren't around much other than for museums and restoration clubs.  The 'relatively' simple R2800 is a rugged reliable workhorse engine, enabling the DC-6 to be a working airplane for a long time.

That being said, an A2A or PMDG Connie or DC-7 would be awesome....imagine trying to keep four of those turbo compound beasts happy lol, let alone attempting to make a trans ocean flight without a mechanical failure.

Cheers

TJ