Sign in to follow this  
FlyCathay

Will I benefit from a video card upgrade?

Just brought PMDG T7 for P3D and did a test flight. It worked good most of the time but In heavy airport, I got very strong shuttering. GPU-Z shows GPU load is 100% in demanding situation.

I currently have a 680 with 2Gb of ram. The card works well in fsx but I am not sure if P3D would get any better if i upgrade to...like 970 or 980?

Danny F

Hi ,

i m thinking about the same thing as you , i have a GTX 680with a i7 3770K oc to 4.5 and thinking about upgrading to a i7 5820K ora 4790K and a GTX 980 .

Best regards ,

Gérard

What are your frames FlyCathay?

I used to run a 560Ti 1Gb which was @ 100% yet I was getting 30 fps (locked) smoothly.  I upgraded to a 970 (stock) and still get 30fps (locked,) smoothly, but at 40% utilitisation.  Look elsewhere for a cure for stuttering ... try turning off VSync if you haven't already done so.

OK, I turn cpu hyperthreading off and change affinity mask to 14. Now the shuttering problem seems to improve. 

Danny F

Also try turning the airport scenery down to minimum/low settings as this is a huge hit on fps, as is high AI traffic. 

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+