Sign in to follow this  
Acetone

Rise and shine

A lot of new stuff in Outerra since my last album, new engine features (basic clouds, lights support) and a lot of new community content. I will try to add links to every mod visible in these screenshots.

(To see my previous albums: Talkeetna scene, Random shots, and Around the world.)

TZjMJ7w.jpg

1 - A rather interesting cloud formation. Cloud support is really basic at the moment, limited close detail, 100km max draw distance and a single layer. Despite this alpha state, it's looking rather nice, no impact on perfs and since these clouds are full 3D volumes, they react nicely with the light.

rN4IL7j.jpg

2 - Talkeetna, as seen from the cockpit of a CJ-1

JHfATG1.jpg

3 - Ilyushin Il-14, near Denali park, Alaska. Part of my Talkeetna scenery. The river is a quick hack using a water mesh and an empty road vector, to fill a bit the space 'til we get a real in-engine rivers support :)

MLsDTql.jpg

4 - Talkeetna. Vast majority of the buildings are community ports. Mt McKinley visible far away.

1EkJ9AN.jpg

5 - Ilyushin Il-14. I love this picture.

VNHTwGP.jpg

6 - Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk, white livery, latest (and awesome) port by Levi. Location is... secret, can't talk about this one yet :)

QhhNNJl.jpg

7 - Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk cockpit, at dawn. A cool view of the cockpit lights. Gauges and right/left MFD are working. Levi did a great job on this plane.

PbqP5Nt.jpg

8 - Airbus A380 above the clouds, at dawn.

P8creH1.jpg

9 - Outerra default Cessna C-172, above Tallard (France), part of my WIP LFMX-LFNA scenery

bKea2mj.jpg

10 - Outerra Mig 29, new livery and lights by Uriah. Somewhere in the Italian Alps

A9pYAz2.jpg

11 - ASK 13, near Tallard (France), part of my WIP LFMX-LFNA scenery. Morning, some fog.

5JXLmkj.jpg

8 - Airbus A380 at dawn. Default bloom is a bit too heavy, but it sometimes makes good pictures.

Full album here.

Hiflyer and I are starting to feel a bit lonely in the Avsim Outerra subforum, don't hesitate to join us :)

Hope you enjoyed these screenshots!

Smashing shots!

Smashing sceneries!

Really impressive and fantastic!

Top class all the way!!!!!

Beautiful shots.

nebojsa

:p0504:  

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5