Sign in to follow this  
Hoang

FSX problem or window problem?

It looks very similar to what happen when scrolling up and down the website with Win7 basic themes, of course when running FSX win7 changes to basic themes but I don't know if both of these are related.

Because my English isn't good so I don't know how to explain the problem. All I can tell is that it isn't smooth.

My FSX is a fresh new one will Acceleration package, just installed it. I don't know how to mod or config the fsx.cfg, most settings in FSX are default. I'm brand new to this game, moved from Fs9.

Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks all!

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Try those settings on your FSX graphics page, aniosotropic, anti-aliasing, etc. See if that has an effect.

Looks like you do not have Vsync turned on

Go to C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\ where you will find your FSX.cfg

In the [GRAPHICS] section,  add the following:

ForceFullScreenVSync=1

You can alternatively set this in the NV control panel or Nvidia inspector

I think it's to do with the res, you get the same sort of problem in a browser when the res is set to low. Check your gfx drivers etc.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Go to C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\ where you will find your FSX.cfg

ForceFullScreenVSync=1

Thanks, I gave it a try and it didn't work. It happens both in full screen and windowed mode.

I think it's to do with the res, you get the same sort of problem in a browser when the res is set to low. Check your gfx drivers etc.

Only when my Win7 is in basic themes, in aero themes the browser functions normal.

Try those settings on your FSX graphics page, aniosotropic, anti-aliasing, etc. See if that has an effect.

Thanks I tried but still no luck.

ForceFullScreenVSync=1

Wait, after doing this AND set vsync ON in Nvidia Inspector. It works in full screen mode. But how about windowed mode since I use windowed most of the time.

Hoang Le

P3D v5

To have Vsync in windowed mode requires Aero to be on, see this post:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/375526-addendum-to-vsync-fix-windowed-mode/

Thank you so much! Works perfectly!

After hours of googling, I found out my problem called "flickering horizontal lines". Some other people had the same trouble.

Hoang Le

P3D v5

Glad it's working now for you.

To have Vsync in windowed mode requires Aero to be on

Actually that's not the case, since both my dev PCs have vsync in windowed mode without ever seeing Aero desktop, and so do plenty of others. However some systems do end up with no vsync in windowed mode, reason I've not found yet, but switching Aero modes usually cures the problem condition. I would suggest only play with Aero modes if experiencing troubles.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I would suggest only play with Aero modes if experiencing troubles.

Well the Op was experiencing troubles, hence I suggested activating Aero,

Glad we agree...

Well the Op was experiencing troubles, hence I suggested activating Aero,

Glad we agree...

It's a public forum and so I am posing answers to a wider audience, thanks.

I am sure the wider audience appreciates your input Steve... :smile:

Actually that's not the case, since both my dev PCs have vsync in windowed mode without ever seeing Aero desktop, and so do plenty of others. However some systems do end up with no vsync in windowed mode, reason I've not found yet, but switching Aero modes usually cures the problem condition. I would suggest only play with Aero modes if experiencing troubles.

Yeah unlucky that I have to do a little "trick" to get the Vsync on. Thanks to Glynn everything works like a charm now.

Hoang Le

P3D v5

I added the caveat to "your" discussion that Aero is not a setting required for all systems - really, get over it.  :rolleyes: