Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

747 v2 cockpit pics

Hi, more than 2 months have passed since the couple of screenshots portraying the 747 v2 by RSR. Could it now be possible to have some screenshots inside the cockpit? Is that asking too much?

Thank you!

James Goggi

I'm rather convinced they're just as eager as we are to show of their new toy.

When they deem it ready, I'm sure there will be a forum post with more pictures and info.

Well, with just a couple of the screenshots you don't see if there are systems not operative or not working correctly, yet, so it doesn't matter if the airplane isn't ready. Systems aside, if the cockpit structure is not ready yet, it means that it's still a long way to go... 

James Goggi

Being PMDG, VC screenshots probably won't be released until it's close to Beta (similar to the DC6)

VC screenshots for the DC-6 were actually shown when it was first announced.

I have a feeling they don't like to show unfinished models, even if it's just in the details. The reason for it would be simple: being on the forum that we are, people like to try and pick apart every single picture and every single word exclaimed by others, even more so when those "others" are developers, and even more so when that developer is PMDG. Hence the reason why they play things close to the chest, both with pictures and other announcements.

Can't say I blame them...

I hate to say it but you blokes on here moan about lack of screenshots and updates but quite a lot of you CAUSE that by moaning, picking things apart, being overly critical and being hasty. So I can understand if RSR delays screenshots until the day before release if he wants (exaggeration but, yer know...) because he doesn't want people on here saying 'ooooooh the speed indication is the wrong shade of magenta' when it's still work in progress. I reckon if some of us could be a bit more gracious and calm, there'd be many more screenshots and PMDG might open up a little more to show us the behind the scenes sim creating processes, which fascinate me even though I'm no expert on them.

Screenshots are posted when it's deemed that something is ready to be shared. Development timeline should not be inferred by the quantity of, or areas of the projects shown in the screenshots posted here.

Kyle Rodgers

Sounds like some common sense to me.