Sign in to follow this  
Adam Reed

Winds In Flight

Hi there

Please instruct me incase I am doing something wrong but in flight my winds are always the same throughout the flight. 

Here's what I do;

-Load up FSX at Departure point.

-Load Opus up

-Click on Weather and then ''Flight Plan Options''

-I copy and paste my route beginning with ICAO of Dep and ending in ICAO of arr airports.

-Click OK and then enter in the Alternate and cruise altitude for the flight and then click on update weather.

Please inform me if I need to do something else for the winds to be correct in flight.

Kind regards

Adam Reed

Adam

Best check your Weather dialog settings and use Recommended Practices. Check the on screen Lower and Upper Atmosphere reports to make sure you have GRIB forecast data loaded. I assume you are using Automatic Settings in which case make sure you specific a Cruise Altitude above 4000 feet (OpusFSI). Also I assume your are manually updating the weather via the Update Weather button, in which case check the Local Weather report to make sure your weather is updated. Also check Spy to make sure it's actally being injected into the sim. It could be you simply have the wrong sim type or install folder specified in which case no weather is actually getting injected at all. Make use of the LWA Map and various reports to actually check the expected weather en route, at your destination, cruise winds etc.

In OpusFSI the reports will also indicate runway usage at your Destination etc. check everything before flight and check your options. Are you Importing a GLOB METAR ? etc.. Or perhaps just flying with static weather. You didn't say what product or version you are using. Make sure you are not using Stabilised GRIB Data, which means static GRIB data in other words.

It is most likely going to be either your selected options or a problem with configuration preventing weather injection.

You should really check all the available weather reports, report files (weather en route etc.) and LWA Map. You will soon see exactly why you are not getting varied real world weather. Could even be flying with a static theme or Stabilised (Static) GRIB data if OpusFSX.

Stephen :-)

First check your Configuration, selected sim type etc.

Then check Spy during weather download and generation, make sure no errors.

Then check all the above reports to make sure all is ok with both surface weather and GRIB forecast lower/upper weather.

Don't forget to check ATIS matches injected weather as well, or at least take a look at the Shift-Z banner.

That should just about do it.

Stephen :-)

Hi Stephen

Thanks so much for the fast reply.

I am sorry , Im using OpusFSX. 

I had Stabilised GRIB data ticked, have un ticked and now have the correct winds.

Thank you.

Adam