Sign in to follow this  
CrownCityMisfits

Finally, the PMDG DC-6...

Two years ago they showed it us and said " it will be in your hands very soon" with from memory the same VC shots. So as always take it will a pinch of salt and hope this time it might be "soon".

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

It would take the NGX or the 777 for me to reinstall XP10.  As a sim, it just doesn't offer anything that different from either FSX-SE or P3d. Time was, when XP10 was the innovator, but now it's just another flight sim of three and maintaining all that software is just too much of a burden.

but only for X-Plane.

From the linked Facebook post:

This product will drop for XPlane first- but shortly after will release for FSX and Prepar3D as well- making it the first PMDG product to appear on three different simulation platforms. (We count FSX and FSX-SE as a single platform...)

...but only for X-Plane. Looking forward to my first PMDG aircraft once this releases for P3D.

https://www.facebook.com/pmdgsimulations/posts/890658097640642

It will be released for all three sims. My guess is that the aircraft that was shown to us two years ago was very far in development for FSX. Just recently they've gotten the XPX version to the same point.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

It will be released for all three sims. My guess is that the aircraft that was shown to us two years ago was very far in development for FSX. Just recently they've gotten the XPX version to the same point.

Yes I certainly saw that they plan to release FSX and P3D version. But if it had been in development for years in FSX, why release X-Plane version first? Not sure what the marketing advantages would be, other than simply throwing XP users a bone.

Not complaining at all. I'm happy to get it whenever it's available for P3D.

Since the first announcement of the DC-6, they have been very upfront about it being a back burner. The add-on wouldn't get worked on, unless programmers had the time free (due to them not having duties for other, main, add-ons) to do so.

With the DC-6 being the first release for XPX, my guess is they slightly changed the priority for the add-on. Apparently, a separate team was/is working on the XPX add-ons, that would of course explain quite a lot about why it's released for XPX first. As said, the DC-6 will be used in XPX to test the waters, functionality-wise. In principle, it's the same concept as they did with the JS41 when it was released. The JS41 was used as the stepping stone for the NGX and 777. In essence, this is not an add-on for which they expect a lot of sales, it's more like a test-bench.

Looks really good.  My only problem is that I think I will fly it as a novelty and then it will just sit in the hanger.  Will have to really give it some thought to decide if I want to buy.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Agree Mark

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Another agreement with Mark. Problem with simming old birds like this is back in the day you had a 3 to 5 man crew to manage these beast. An engineer to take care of the power plants and sometimes a navigator. How can you accurately sim that on a desk top? Heck, I find the MD80 and DC9 to be a handful for one pilot ops with out some kind of crew add on like Coolsky has.

Vic green

I guess I see this plane a little differently. I don't fly commercial airliners in my sim. In fact, I have never purchased a jet-engine aircraft addon for FSX or P3D, despite having purchased about 75 planes over the years. I love small GA prop planes, and furthermore, the Twin Otter and Sibwings AN-2 are the largest planes in my hangar. The A2A Cherokee is by far my favorite aircraft to fly.

From what I read here and watch on YouTube, PMDG offers unparalleled depth in large commercial airliners. Great stuff. Beautiful work. Unfortunately, I have no desire to fly anything they offer.

The DC-6 however, seems like it may be the perfect introduction to flying larger, more complex aircraft. I see this as a great opportunity to expand my sim experience, while remaining true to my own style and preference.

I will certainly buy this.

I don't have X plane, but Multi-Crew Experience is available for X Plane recently. You can bet they will add a module for the DC-6. It already has the capability to support a flight engineer.

I can't believe the top Facebook comment on that DC6 link is to ask for an Airbus!

I can, the DC6 is not a plane that is that desired by most to fly.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.