Sign in to follow this  
jay907uk

Purchase Question is it worth waiting till Saturday

Hi

Is it worth waiting for the update on Saturday before buying 737NGX ? Or will you beable to download the update straight away?

Thanks

Jason

Jason Thompson

Is it worth waiting for the update on Saturday before buying 737NGX ?

It would require a lot less effort, and would probably help to avoid any issues remaining from the old install when the update is released.

If you're using Steam, it's absolutely worth waiting, as it's required to have SP1D in order to use FSX:SE.

Or will you beable to download the update straight away?

Not sure what you mean by this. The update isn't going to be in the store for anyone until Saturday. Everyone will have to wait until it's released, whether you bought it years ago, or you bought it right now.

Kyle Rodgers

It would require a lot less effort, and would probably help to avoid any issues remaining from the old install when the update is released.

If you're using Steam, it's absolutely worth waiting, as it's required to have SP1D in order to use FSX:SE.

Not sure what you mean by this. The update isn't going to be in the store for anyone until Saturday. Everyone will have to wait until it's released, whether you bought it years ago, or you bought it right now.

Kyle,

I'll be using it for FSX. Regarding Robert's post from yesterday saying the update will hopefully be released Saturday that's what I'm referring to.

I'm correct in saying that the update will add new features to the 737NGX is that correct?

Thanks

Jason

Jason Thompson

I'm correct in saying that the update will add new features to the 737NGX is that correct?

Correct. The terrain sweep is updated to be like the 777, and the NGX received weather radar among other things that will be mentioned in the change log upon release.

Kyle Rodgers

Well I'll take your advice and wait until the new update is released then make my purchase.

Thanks for your help  :rolleyes:

Jason

Jason Thompson

The update isn't going to be in the store for anyone until Saturday. Everyone will have to wait until it's released, whether you bought it years ago, or you bought it right now.

I'm not sure if I understand. SP1D is free for old custumer like SP1C, or do I have to pay for it?

I'm not sure if I understand. SP1D is free for old custumer like SP1C, or do I have to pay for it?

Free, but in order to download it, you'll have to log into your account and download it by finding your original NGX order.

Kyle Rodgers

Free, but in order to download it, you'll have to log into your account and download it by finding your original NGX order.

This is obvious of course. Good job, I'm glad that the PMDG didn't made the wrong decision to make his customer to pay for the SP like Aerosoft did when introduce the weather and terrain on the Airbus  X 320-321. I mean, I've already pay my 50 euro when I buy it, why should I pay another 14 eouro for an update? This is wrong IMO.

+1 to PMDG! :Applause:

I have switched to FSX:SE. I am SO looking forward to this. I miss my 737 :)

I have also just purchased X-Plane 10... now I want it for X-Plane also, haha :lol:

Kyle, I'm interested in the way the NGX upgrade will be made available for Aerosoft's box customers - but I guess I can wait out until Saturday for that info.   :ph34r:

Well I'll take your advice and wait until the new update is released then make my purchase.

Thanks for your help :rolleyes:

Jason

There is no point in waiting. If you buy now you will get an installer with SP1c and can use the NGX immediately. Waiting only delays you flying the NGX. The SP1d update won't affect anything fundamental so SP1c is just as good a place to start.

Whenever the update is released, it might even be later today, every user will be able to download the new SP1d installer. It's released at the same time for new buyers and existing users alike.

ki9cAAb.jpg

There is no point in waiting. If you buy now you will get an installer with SP1c and can use the NGX immediately. Waiting only delays you flying the NGX. The SP1d update won't affect anything fundamental so SP1c is just as good a place to start.

Whenever the update is released, it might even be later today, every user will be able to download the new SP1d installer. It's released at the same time for new buyers and existing users alike.

There is a point in waiting, the update is about to be released. Buying now and downloading and installing only to have to go and download it and reinstall in a days time is pointless.

Kyle, I'm interested in the way the NGX upgrade will be made available for Aerosoft's box customers - but I guess I can wait out until Saturday for that info.   :ph34r:

You may have to wait a little longer, but not much, as per the original post (1st one) made 2015-03-03  ;-)

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/463715-03mar15-pmdg-737ngx-release-timelines-this-week/page-1

Also- I should have instructions for DVD and Aerosoft download users to update... by this time next week...

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

There is a point in waiting, the update is about to be released. Buying now and downloading and installing only to have to go and download it and reinstall in a days time is pointless.

If the time taken to download and install it was the issue then that isn't worth a forum question. It's a personal choice based on your available spare time and how fast your web connection is.

It sounded like they wanted to buy but wondered whether it was worth waiting until the update is out. My answer would be no.

Kyle only recommended waiting if they were an FSX:SE user.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Jason,

you could start with the NGX right now (SP1c), do some cockpit familiarization, practise power-ups, engine starts and power-downs, work your way through the checklists and the tutorials, do some short easy flights (or traffic patterns for manual handling).

Then your workload will feel much lighter on Saturday and you can devote more attention to things like the brand new weather radar and the reworked Terrain on the ND (SP1d).