Sign in to follow this  
Capt. PERO

SIMstarter Version 2.6 - out now!

The new release of v2.6 of SIMstarter took a longer period of time.

Included mainly:

• ActiveSkyNext – Support of settings of ActiveSkyNext for every profile.
  • FSX-SE – now supported!
  • PREPAR3D – fully compatible with Version 2.5 and 2.4
  • …many other improvements!

>> DOWNLOAD <<

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

Thanks for this. Just installed the update. I seem to be missing something with ASN. I created a file share for the program folder and pointed SIMstarter to the executable. However, the ASN tab is inactive in the profiles. I'm probably missing something obvious.

Thanks for this. Just installed the update. I seem to be missing something with ASN. I created a file share for the program folder and pointed SIMstarter to the executable. However, the ASN tab is inactive in the profiles. I'm probably missing something obvious.

I wrote a small how-to. Hope that helps understanding the logic.

You don't need to create a "file share". Just point to "ASNext.exe". It should be found automaticly from the registry.

>> HOW-TO <<

I probably should have pointed out that I run ASN on a networked computer.

I probably should have pointed out that I run ASN on a networked computer.

Yes, thats a good one. ;O)

So far it's not compatible with network installation of ASN. It uses local files.

But never the less it would be possible to make it useable in a network environment as well. I will double check that.

Pero you are a legend - I love this application so much! Your contribution to this community is amazing!

Thanks a lot! ;O)

Hopefully your getting plenty of donations,great job!

ZORAN

Hey Pero,

I found a very strange issue when using 2.6 on P3D 2.5 with hotfixes and Ezdok 1.18.5.

If I run the sim without Simstarter I can use EzDok just fine, middle mouse button works for looking around well and cameras work perfectly. If I run the sim using Simstarter I cannot use the middle mouse button AT ALL, the Keyboard also does not respond in EzDok. Everything is as normal with Simstarter though.

Not really sure how to get around this?

Ken

Hey Pero,

I found a very strange issue when using 2.6 on P3D 2.5 with hotfixes and Ezdok 1.18.5.

If I run the sim without Simstarter I can use EzDok just fine, middle mouse button works for looking around well and cameras work perfectly. If I run the sim using Simstarter I cannot use the middle mouse button AT ALL, the Keyboard also does not respond in EzDok. Everything is as normal with Simstarter though.

Not really sure how to get around this?

Ken

Not so far. But I don't use it. I'll ask a friend who is using Ezdok as well.

Have you tried to run SIMstarter "as Administrator"?

Did it worked before v2.6?

Are you running Ezdok in a starting profile? Maybe there are parameters or you've selected a XML Profile?

Thanks for the update. I suggested earlier, that it may be an idea to add an option to run the Vector Configurator. The new FTX Central provides easy access to the Vector configurator. Please disregard the suggestion with my thanks.

The new release of v2.6 of SIMstarter took a longer period of time.
Included mainly:

Thank you so much Pero..I posted this in another thread to the person who directed me to this tool..But I see you here so let me re-post this

WOW! Thank you so much for this.. I have been waiting for a payware to get for this functionality/application and this is something I have wanted for years.

I quickly browsed over that you tube video... and its exactly what I want.. particularly the scenery  profile...but this gives us lots more and its professional looking and a freeware! WOW

My only Question is, I want to install this on my non Flight sim laptop (in addition to my Fsim PC.  The reason being.. I travel so much  and I spend so much time at airport and so on, I am thinking I could do all my settings and build my profile from my laptop and then transfer those files over to my FSim Desktop

Do I need to have a Flight Sim P3D V2.4 on my laptop to do this? can I place all of these files (copied from my flight sim desktop) in some folder in my laptop and then direct FSim starter to this folder so I can build the files and profiles I need without the P3D installed on my laptop? 

If I need to install P3D on my laptop..can I simply install it in my laptop but not startup the P3D since I do not have a second license.

Hmm..Interesting indeed

and thank you.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Not so far. But I don't use it. I'll ask a friend who is using Ezdok as well.

Have you tried to run SIMstarter "as Administrator"?

Did it worked before v2.6?

Are you running Ezdok in a starting profile? Maybe there are parameters or you've selected a XML Profile?

Seems to have gone away, not even sure what changed, maybe just had a buggy day? Working like a charm now :-)

Thanks for the response.

[...]

My only Question is, I want to install this on my non Flight sim laptop (in addition to my Fsim PC.  The reason being.. I travel so much  and I spend so much time at airport and so on, I am thinking I could do all my settings and build my profile from my laptop and then transfer those files over to my FSim Desktop

[...]

Sorry, for the late answer. I can't answer P3D licensing questions. SIMstarter is an AddOn software which is "a bit more" than an configuration editor. Therefore you could copy .\Userprofiles from SIMstarter to your laptop, but you would need the exact installation.

I do not recommand transfering config files from one to another PC. ;O)

Happy landing!

I released v2.6 build 03.

Changes:

• [ADDED] StartManager - Filename can be choosen at copy and rename
  • [bUGFIX] GoogleEarth Export - "Google Earth not found"
  • [bUGFIX] GoogleEarth Export - METAR and better formating
  • [FEATURE] SceneryManager - Added function to disable or enable a complete SceneryGroup by clicking to the Group name (ScenerySpacer). You need to delete older ScenerySpacer that are made prior this SW Version.
  • [bUGFIX] GENERAL - Desktop shortcuts do not work

>> DOWNLOAD <<