Sign in to follow this  
MartinRex007

Trouble installing Milviz B55 into P3D v2.4

Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone here can help with this while I wait for access to the Milviz forum. Anyhow just purchased the B55 for P3D 2.4 and download it with my virus protection off. However when I install it everything is fine, but it looks like from the install list that a lot of files were skipped? And when it is complete there is no aircraft in the Simobjects/Airplane folder. Not sure why it is not installing all the files and gives me no error message. Also my my  UAC is off and my virus software is off?

Any thoughts.

Thanks in advance...

Martin

Maybe try installing using "Run as Administrator"?

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Maybe try installing using "Run as Administrator"?

Thanks-

Yes, I have tried that also. I might have to uninstall my virus software because not sure if turning it off is working?

Here's something else to make sure of.

There are two different installers for the B55...

One that has the options:

• FSX
  • Prepar3d v1.x

Another that only has one option:

• Prepar3d v2.x

Are you sure you are installing the P3Dv2 version? If not, it's trying to install to a Prepar3d v1.x installation.

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Thanks,

Yes, clicking on the P3D 2 version, It installs some of the files but it looks like a lot of them are skipped for some odd reason...ugh!

I really enjoyed flying her in FSX so hoping I can get her up and running in P3D. Maybe I'll try v1.x perhaps there are missed labeled?

You shouldn't be able to install the FSX or v1.x version into v2.x, so you should have a completely different installer.

Did you purchase the cross-license or a whole new P3Dv2 copy from Milviz?

13.jpg

A new P3Dv2 copy...I'm thinking it must have something to do with my virus software even though it is turned off. They mention on their website that you can't download or install with any type of virus software because it might cause issues. So I should be able to uninstall my virus software, redownload from their site and see if that works? Not sure what else to do?

Martin

What antivirus do you use?

13.jpg

Symantec, I think I might of also had issues when trying to install the B55 into FSX sometime ago.

I just heard back from Milviz and there setting me up an account so hopefully when I get onto their forum there be a solution, or I can also post this their.

Thanks - Martin

Sounds like they will be able to help you out better than I have.

There should be a way to disable or pause Symantec from doing anything... I haven't ever used it so I can't be sure.

13.jpg

Martin have you disabled the Windows Firewall, Defender and UAC?

Had no problem yesterday reinstalling the B55 into a fresh installation of v2.5.

No, I will have to look into how to disable them, I'll give it another shot in the morning!

Thanks - Martin

Well, I removed my Symantec virus software, made sure the Windows firewall was turned off, and disabled UAC. Downloaded a new copy, my last of three and tried both installing as administrator or not, and the installer runs through all the files but does not load any of them, they all have skipped beside them. Very odd. I wish it let you point to where you have P3D, I have it install on a SSD by itself but there is no menu to choose? Getting rather frustrating..ugh!

Still waiting to have Steve from Milviz send me authorization for their support forum.

Thanks - Martin

Okay, finally figured it out. The installer was not creating the folders and subfolders (Beech_Baron_B55, model, panel, sound, etc.,) so it didn't know where to install the files so it skipped them, pretty slick installer. So I made all the folders and subfolders and it installed fine. Hope I don't have to go through this with the KingAir :rolleyes:

Ugh! B)

Cheers,

Martin

Glad you got it sorted out Martin, though I cannot say I've ever had that problem with any of the MILVIZ installers, and I own nearly everything they've produced...

13.jpg