Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

FSX Loading behind other windows (and loads slowly)

Do other people have this, and has anyone found a solution?

Sometimes, I double click my FSX icon, and it will eventually start to load, but the main black screen is behind all windows.  If I click the program while loading from my taskbar all I get is the white loading box.  It also moves very slowly (probably quadruple the loading time vs when it loads normally).  I'm on a SSD (500GB 840 evo), trim is enabled etc with AHCI etc....  But I still get this from time to time.  Its like FSX loses focus when I run the program sometimes.

fsxloadingbehind.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Have you tried clicking on a piece of unused real estate? i.e. somewhere that is blank, as in no links. It sounds like a DX10 type foible.

well, I tried. :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I can get back to it... but I have to alt+enter and then alt+enter back to windowed mode.

P3D does it sometimes as well but not nearly as often.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Do you occasionally get a long pause when simply opening up a file that is on the same drive? Is the drive possibly going into a low power or sleep state?

I always get a long pause (long defined as about 10-15 secs) before I see the standard FSX splash screen and then load.

But to answer your exact question, not that I've seen - all files are written or deleted very rapidly.

I had this issue even with my old SATA II SSD.  I've seen others with the issue but it's been a while and I wondered if a fix was found,

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

You were the one who recently had memory problems and one of the things you did was reset CMOS? One thing I would look at on your mb is that Turbo Boost is off, and that CPU Enhanced Halt is disabled. I know that in the past, after reseting CMOS, I was perplexed when my computer showed to be running at 1.6 GHZ, when it should have been at 4.8. This was because I had missed these settings when reimplementing my overclock, and it was going into a decreased power state when not under load, due to one of those settings. Maybe the increased loading time of FSX has to do with it not kicking back into high gear as soon as you would like it to? I think that the system should go to its full clock rating almost immediately, and even if it didn't, those BIOS settings shouldn't affect the read speed of the SSD, so this probably isn't what is causing it, but might be worth a check. Just throwing some suggestions out there.