Sign in to follow this  
cva1077

Assorted Dash 8 Pics

Nice set.

nebojsa

Thank you so very much for posting these!

Here are a few other screen shots of the Truly Majestic Dash 8 Q400...

OVPA%20Dash%208%20Taxi%202.jpg

Dash%208%20Boston%20Dusk%20Sm.jpg

Dash%208%20Horizon%20Green.jpg

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thanks guys.

Thank you so very much for posting these!

No worries!

I really should join the OVPA someday and get some group flights in!

Beautiful. No matter what colors the Q400 sports, it's one bird that I seem to like more and more. Now, bring on that shared flightdeck functionality!

Now, bring on that shared flightdeck functionality!

I can't wait for this! To have a true multi crew environment being simulated is going to be amazing! No more trying to hand fly, talk with ATC, fiddle with the MCP & running checklists all at the same time.

I really should join the OVPA someday and get some group flights in!

Anytime!

We slow down a little headed towards summer (Northern Hemisphere), but still manage about 12 flights per week.  We fly single cockpit (Majestic Dash 8/Q400, PMDG NGX & 777, Airbus, and others) about half the time, and fly shared cockpit the other half the time it's shared cockpit in the Majestic Dash 8/Q400 and Leonardo Maddog MD-80.

Anyway, come fly with us!  Our voice server setup guide (on our website) will get you online with us in about 4 minutes and can be installed even when you're flying as computer reset isn't needed.  This time of the year our most active day of the week is Sunday.

Looking forward to meeting you!

I can't wait for this! To have a true multi crew environment being simulated is going to be amazing! No more trying to hand fly, talk with ATC, fiddle with the MCP & running checklists all at the same time.

Absolutely!  It's incredible fun too!

We at OVPA have over 8 years and thousands of hours flying shared cockpit, and when it's done properly Shared Cockpit will COMPLETELY BLOW AWAY any flight sim pilot. What I mean by properly is having the flight deck and ATC communications set up some they are coordinated, automatic and seamless and using Crew Resource Management (CRM), and computer security. 

Immersion and realism is off the charts, as is the fun and excitement.  Flying shared cockpit during a large VATSIM event will totally blow you away and make anyone ask why they didn't do it sooner.  Yeah, I know I keep using the word, but it REALLY IS THAT INCREDIBLE!

Presently, there are two aircraft that are true multicrew (shared cockpit) capable, the Majestic Dash 8/Q400 Professional and the venerable Leonardo Maddog MD-80.  We fly both of these aircraft weekly in shared cockpit, and love them both.  

I can't name names (so please, nobody ask), but there is another MD-80 series being worked on right now, and three Airbus aircraft that will be shared cockpit capable.  It is the future of desktop flight simulation, and it's easy to see why!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.