Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

My experience of migrating from FSX to P3D2.5.12944.0

I have just migrated and, before losing the details, I thought it might be useful for others considering their own migration.

I can only, of course, say what my own migration process was today, because I have an inevitably unique set of add-ons.

The installation sequence was as follows:

1. Prepar3D 2.5 plus any available hot-fixxes
  2. ActiveSky Next SP2 beta
  3. PMDG 777-200LRF Base
  4. PMDG 777-300ER extension + liveries from PMDG Operation Center
  5. Estonia Migration Tool (I don't know what I would have done without it!)
  6. EZCA
  7. EGLL, EGKK, WSSS, CYYZ, FACT, CYVR, KDFW, KJFK, KLAX, KORD, OMDB, KDEN, KPHX, LTBA, OTHH, KIAH, KATL, KMSY, GSX
  8. Navigraph FMS Data Manager for P3Dv2
  9. PFPX export files for P3Dv2
  10. vPilot v1.1.5532
  11. FS2Crew for P3Dv2
  12. Orbxlibs P3Dv2v150215
  13. FTX Global Base for P3Dv2
  14. Ed Correa's FTX Central/Worfiles
  15. FTX Global Base 1.30
  16. FTX Global Vector 1.10 + 1.20
  17. FTXopenLC-EU
  18. Pilot's FS Global 2010
  19. FTX Orbxlibs P3Dv2v150215
  20. Orbx Airport Elevation Corrections

I hope that this install list gives you an idea of how you might migrate to P3Dv2.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

NO AI?

C:|mydocuments\mypictures\my signature.htm

Interesting order, Richard.

I have been mentally drawing up an install order for moving to P3Dv2.5, and I am in reverse order (relative to your list) for steps 1 through 18. My thinking is lay down the base first (i.e., global, vector), then the regions (PNW, NCA, et al), then the airports. At this time I have a "world" that is ready to accept aircraft, which I would load last. I will verify the installation of each component layer with a short hop in a default aircraft so that P3D can build the database in iterations. 

My thinking is that the regions have specific enhancements (mesh, objects, etc) over the global packs, and the airports in turn have enhancements (mesh and objects again) over a region. 

And I echo Autogyro and Captain Bill's suggestion: FSUIPC is an indispensible tool and AI (I use the Orbx AI packages) make airports come alive.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

is Estonia needed for ezca? i have ezca and am confused between installing ezca vs opus camera..i havent bought opusfsi but am confused whether to go with estonia or opus as next purchase.with new betas for ezca release i am all confused with its installation while using opus camera leads to installing the whole weather program along with it..which makes no sense..

I just migrated last week. I started flying this week . I also have a lot of addons. Hey Richard when you have a chance tell us your experience with prepar3d , mines is very positive

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

I also have decided to migrate to P3D and installed it over this past weekend.  It took several hours of work to reinstall add-on's, etc and I seemed to have everything looking decent but I messed up an installation of an add-on airport and all of my water turned to desert textures!!  Needless to say, did a full uninstall last night and had trouble getting it reinstalled.  Finally got it installed but I am back to square one again!!  In any case, I was impressed with what I saw in my few intial short flights in the F-22!  I don't see it on your list but I'd recommend REX 4. I'll be back to work with reinstalling my add-ons later this eveing!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I, too went in scenery order from large to small - base to vector to regions to airports.  Have everything going except ASN, I am going to focus on that tonight.  I am also going to add Rex clouds.

Jeff Callender

I have now decided, after recommendations, to start over again because my space remaining on C: is too tight.

So I shall be following the steps more as John suggests.

Thanks for all your thoughts.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx