Sign in to follow this  
soloraj

9th March 2015, Steam Edition update goes into open beta

From https://www.facebook.com/fsxinsider as of 1hr ago.

Next week (9th – 16th March 2015) we are planning to release an update for Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition into open beta. The open beta will run for seven days and allow players to provide feedback about the updated before it is released through Steam to all FSX: Steam Edition players. The beta is open to everyone however you will need to own FSX: Steam Edition to take part. We will be publishing further details regarding the open beta and the exact content of the update over the next few days

Here is the Changelog:

Update

Please find below the full changelog for the update. Further details of how to join the open beta will follow next week. 

• FSX: Steam Edition can now be used in Steam’s offline mode.
  • Steam Dumps are now created following crashes to help with diagnoses of reported issues.
  • Fixed issues reported with g3D.dll affecting some add-ons
  • Number of fixes for the terrain.dll crashes experienced by some users have been made.

• Multiplayer:
    VoIP communication is now using the correct device as identified in ‘Settings’.
    During mission-based Multiplayer flights, if the host has activated the ‘Anti-Cheat’ flag, users who have modified their aircraft are immediately disconnected without affecting the host or other users. 
    The Steam ‘Invite to Game’ feature will now work by buffering the request until the user enters the Multiplayer menu.
    Users are prompted to use the Steam Client to invite someone from the Multiplayer menu to become a friend on Steam.
    On the Multiplayer Session and lobby screens, the text in the “Weather” section is now aligned correctly. 

• User Interface:
    If ‘Show Saved Flights’ is enabled, the time stamps on the saved flight data will now show the correct time the flight was saved.
    The HTML content displayed in some windows, eg. tutorials, mission help, etc., now runs in IE9 compatibility mode, rather than IE8, providing better presentation.
    On the Multiplayer Session screen, the user name of the host is now shown.
    On the Multiplayer Session screen, before a session is started, ‘In Briefing Room’ is now shown.
  •  

These are significant improvements, especially the first one!

• FSX: Steam Edition can now be used in Steam’s offline mode.
  • Steam Dumps are now created following crashes to help with diagnoses of reported issues.
  • Fixed issues reported with g3D.dll affecting some add-ons
  • Number of fixes for the terrain.dll crashes experienced by some users have been made.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

After all the negativity expressed towards DTG lately in another thread, I feel that I made a really good purchase decision when I bought FSX:SE in December, it seems that they are keeping promises and actively fixing/refining FSX into something we did not have all these years.  Good on ya Dovetail!

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

And the second.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

After all the negativity expressed towards DTG lately in another thread, I feel that I made a really good purchase decision when I bought FSX:SE in December, it seems that they are keeping promises and actively fixing/refining FSX into something we did not have all these years.  Good on ya Dovetail!

Yeah, especially for $5.

Yes, although apparently the multiplayer direct connect capability that I use often will still be missing, correct?

Thx,

Al

I agree with you. That thread was just making me reach for the wine.

I've been enjoying a much improved FSX with the Steam addition, so I'm happy.

But I don't waste as much of my life on this game these days anyway. Life's too short. B) 

Oh, it will go on sale again within a few weeks I suspect. Maybe not as low as $5 though...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I agree with AWACS above. Too many detractors of FSX-SE got into criticising DTG from the get go.

I think DTG will do what it takes to satisfy the average flight simmer, and I feel this platform will be the future of flight swimming the way we like it.I think it won't be P3D (which I own incidently) and is focused on corporations, and almost certainly will not be Xplane.

Does fsx steam work with most add-ons such as pmdg, weather add-ins, scenery etc?

Thanks

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Does fsx steam work with most add-ons such as pmdg, weather add-ins, scenery etc?

Thanks

PMDG released an update to the 777 and 737 NGX recently which allows them to work with FSX:SE. I use REX Texture Direct and it works fine. I don't have any weather engines like Active Sky so I can't comment there. All the ORBX stuff works flawlessly as long as you don't have FSX and FSX:SE installed at the same time.

But I don't waste as much of my life on this game these days anyway. Life's too short. B)

No its not ,Life is the longest thing you can do :lol:

Really love my FSX-Se regardless of what some of the dinosaur posters around the boards would like to have us think

ZORAN