Sign in to follow this  
soloraj

9th March 2015, Steam Edition update goes into open beta

ASN SP2 build 5547 now supports FSX SE Beta.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

ASN SP2 build 5547 now supports FSX SE Beta.

Where do you see this? It still says:

NOTE: FSX:SE BETA version IS NOT SUPPORT in ASN for FSX SP2. Only the official latest FSX:SE version is supported at this time.

That's for ASN build 5547, which supports 62608 version of FSX-SE.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Where do you see this? It still says:

NOTE: FSX:SE BETA version IS NOT SUPPORT in ASN for FSX SP2. Only the official latest FSX:SE version is supported at this time.

That's for ASN build 5547, which supports 62608 version of FSX-SE.

Pete

I just installed the update and it does work now, maybe your DNS didn't update and you still got 5540?

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I just installed the update and it does work now, maybe your DNS didn't update and you still got 5540?

Ah, maybe. I was going by what it says on the download page, in bold red! But I now see, below, it says:

"- ASN is now compatible with both official and public beta release FSX:SE versions"

They forgot to edit the bold red warning above!

Thanks, downloading it now ...

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

FSX -SE with PMDG 77 and NGX 737 had several crashes 10 minute before landing in sydney. ... Awaiting the update :mellow:

Is the Multiplayer "direct connect" feature still unusable after this last update?

Until that feature is operational FSX-SE is pretty much useless for my needs.

Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Pete,

Thanks for the very detailed explanation certainly food for thought!

Very much appreciated

All the best

Mark

Ah, all is explained then.

Pete

Er, careful. AppData roaming contains the FSX CFG file, not the Scenery file. You CAN use the FSX.CFG file for FSX SE but it needs renaming. And you still need to edit it to make SimObjects point the the full paths, not the FS-relative paths, as I already expained.

The EXE.XML and DLL.XML files are also in there, so whilst you can use the same ones you'd need again to make sure the paths were complete. They aren't usually. And some of those add-ons may not be FSX-SE compatible.

The Scenery config file is in the ProgramData folder, not AppData, and that needs all the add-on scenery paths set absolute, not relative, as I've also already explained. If you have an editor which will do search and replace you could do that quite quickly by replacing "Local=" by "Local=D:\FSX\" or whatever the path to your FSX is. This is assuming all of your add-on scenery is already installed all in the FSX folder. Check that first.  Even if it isn't you could always do a second search & replace, searching "Local=D:\FSX\D:\FSX\" replacing by "Local=D:\FSX\" (of course change "D:\FSX\" in every case to your actual FSX path).

Pete

Pete, thank you so much. I'll be able to try my fresh FSX installation (and it is huge!) with FSXSE soon.

Dirk

Having the kneeboard open cuts my framerate in half.

Anyone else getting this?

- E:

Just checkend. It's not an issue with the update.

Missing a W7 update perhaps...?

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I've bit the bullet and bought FSX-SE. I loaded it into a different volume (H:) to give good separation to MS-FSX so I can still use it (MS) if necessary. There were a few hints and tips on the ORBX forums regarding a mod in regedit (which will need reversing if I return to MS), and I've successfully spent all afternoon loading ORBX scenery; all successful so far. I've also installed my first 3 add-ons from Carenado. But I think I need some help with the GTN-750 and I haven't started yet on ASN (which I run on a separate PC on a P-2-P using simconnect). So I've a way to go yet before I'll be compatible with my old MS set up. But from the trial flights in the Carenado planes with all my sliders maxed it (SE) is a definite improvement in frame rates to the old MS. B) 

I've bit the bullet and bought FSX-SE. I loaded it into a different volume (H:) to give good separation to MS-FSX so I can still use it (MS) if necessary. There were a few hints and tips on the ORBX forums regarding a mod in regedit (which will need reversing if I return to MS), and I've successfully spent all afternoon loading ORBX scenery; all successful so far. I've also installed my first 3 add-ons from Carenado. But I think I need some help with the GTN-750 and I haven't started yet on ASN (which I run on a separate PC on a P-2-P using simconnect). So I've a way to go yet before I'll be compatible with my old MS set up. But from the trial flights in the Carenado planes with all my sliders maxed it (SE) is a definite improvement in frame rates to the old MS. B)

So you didn't chose to share sceneries, aircrafts etc. between FSX and FSX-SE like Pete Dawson did (in this thread), but installed all add-ons twice on your system?

Dirk.

It would be great is there was a small " how to guide" for those who would like to know how to share the files between each sim.

I would do it but I am not proficient enough and may well lead others down a wrong path, plus at this time I have yet to install due to recouperation after an Op.

Any way just an idea....I may yet write the book once I start fiddling!

All the best

Mark

It would be great is there was a small " how to guide" for those who would like to know how to share the files between each sim.

I would do it but I am not proficient enough and may well lead others down a wrong path, plus at this time I have yet to install due to recouperation after an Op.

Any way just an idea....I may yet write the book once I start fiddling!

All the best

Mark

This would be useful. I'm far from a tech guru and my primary concern is a stable sim. I did try FSX SE but ran into big problems with installing Active Sky Next. I've since gone back to the boxed version which involved nuking Windows 7 to ensure no confusion in the registry file.

I'm very wary of installing FSX SE again as we all know that a fresh Win 7 and FSX install with all the scenery and tweaks can take up a couple of days.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

The easiest way I have found to install an addon onto FSX-SE (If they are compatible to begin with) is with the Flight1 Registry Repair utility. I reset the FSX path in the registry, that most of the installers look at to that of the steam version, then the installer installs  there.  The only issue, is if it adds anything the FSX.CFG file. Then you have to manually add that to the FSX-SE.cfg file. Luckily they're few of them. The biggest problem with Steam at the moment appears to be with the automated updates, when they make a software change to the core sim. There is currently a Beta of FSX-SE going on t add the ability to run FSXSE offline, as well as some Multiplayer fixes. There are at least three addons that it broke. ASN (Now fixed with an updated Beta of it's own) The Aerosoft A3xxx series. and the PMDG T7. This Beta is slated to go just another week, then get pushed automatically to it's user base. Once this happens unless fixed by then these 2 addons and any other that the DTG Beta broke(Which were just made compatible with the RTM  to begin with) will no longer function, unless DTG or the addon developers fix them. Right now there doesn't appear to be much coordination between them. This Beta seemed to come out of left field just a week ago, and seems to have caught the 3rd parties by surprise. Not a good situation.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

DIRK98:

After further research in the ORBX forum I decided on the more time consuming method of fresh installs in a new volume(H:). It still leaves the old FSX intact, and when I finish the complete re-installation of Steam the old (MS FSX)can be deleted. More work, but in the long run I hope a better (cleaner )result. By setting the path in the registry to its new home, everything seems to be loading fine, even for the add-ons that don't give the option of loading to a non-default directory. It also enables me to put only the most recent planes in my hangar, instead of the many "dated" ones (that never get flown) in there now.