Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

The forum isn't visible when you are not logged in

I was wondering if that's intentional or a mistake. Came across this since I often just want to read without being logged in and couldn't access e.g. the 'flying by the numbers' thread.

Anyways, great planes so far and a huge thumbs up for the system detail on the C441. Looking forward to the very unique MU-2. And a big applause to capceo (Joe) for his attitude and the helpful videos. Only complain: Wishing for a better mic. :P

I was wondering if that's intentional or a mistake. Came across this since I often just want to read without being logged in and couldn't access e.g. the 'flying by the numbers' thread.

Anyways, great planes so far and a huge thumbs up for the system detail on the C441. Looking forward to the very unique MU-2. And a big applause to capceo (Joe) for his attitude and the helpful videos. Only complain: Wishing for a better mic. :P

Thanks CoolP,

The mic issue has been resolved :)

I think you will all be VERY impressed with what we have in store for you with the MU-2. Be prepared to be blown away.

I too noticed the odd forum issue. I'll look into it.

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

Cheers, Joe. Nice reading the news on the MU-2 (and the mic). B)

It is not an "odd" issue. It is a matter of selection; we do not provide guest access to all of our forums. If there are some forums that you want access to, asking you to log on using your existing account is not too much to ask.

It is a matter of selection

Can the Flysim folks alter this setting somewhere, so that their section appears in the list like all the others?

To be clear, when you are not logged in, you don't even see the Flysim section, so there's no indication that there is one. Edited example shots.

Logged in, last section is Flysimware.

XKsavVq.jpg

Not logged in, last visible section is Icarus.

2psz5Ig.jpg

Can the Flysim folks alter this setting somewhere, so that their forum appears in the list like all the others?

To be clear, when you are not logged in, you don't even see the Flysim section, so there's no indication that there is one.

No, that is a master setting controlled at the forum setup level, not by individual users.

Ok, and what causes the selection to show lets say the Icarus or Outerra section and not the Flysimware one? Wouldn't a visible Flysimware section actually offer the initiative to join and participate?

Ok, and what causes the selection to show lets say the Icarus or Outerra section and not the Flysimware one? Wouldn't a visible Flysimware section actually offer the initiative to join and participate?

As it was said in my first response; it is a matter of our selection when we set up the forum.

Ok, then I admit to not understanding this selection which shows up in my example shots. :mellow: Thanks for taking the time to explain it though.

Edited. I just checked, Flysimware is the only commercial support section not being visible, the rest can be seen just fine when not logged in. Perhaps we are talking cross-purposes?

Ok, then I admit to not understanding this selection which shows up in my example shots. :mellow: Thanks for taking the time to explain it though.

Edited. I just checked, Flysimware is the only commercial support section not being visible, the rest can be seen just fine when not logged in. Perhaps we are talking cross-purposes?

I knew that we weren't visible when not logged in, but I didn't realize we were the only ones...

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

I knew that we weren't visible when not logged in, but I didn't realize we were the only ones...

Well, that shouldn't be.I will look into it and correct.

Edit: sure enough. Okay now taken care of.