Sign in to follow this  
MarioDonick

NOAA (XPGFS) plugin v2.0 (rc) released

Oh..lol...ok....I'm the type of male, that DOES asks for directions....makes my wife, a happy camper, LOL!

Found the instructions.... :)

Thanks...

Mitch

Mitch,

http://x-plane.joanpc.com/plugins/xpgfs-noaa-weather

And I use the Python 64 bit and only extra plugin I selected was I think Refuel one.

@Jcomm

This shows the same weather like FSRealWX just tested it with FSX / FS9 and NOAA with XPX.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Thank you very much!  Will do....  Thanks again!

I use GroundServices plugin.  That is the one which contains Refuel.

But I am awaiting Jcomm's input on the weather hopefully he will tell us how correct it is. 

Weather man please tell us.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I really liked the plug in, it depicts good weather, I guess that because of the way it works you have to be patient with weather changes between stations, so abrupt, I mean the frequent cloud redraws. Another thing the visibility limiter won't work for me, has no effect.

Alexander Colka

Any one experience any issues using this plugin with Skymaxx?

Thanks

Bob

So far it looks OK to me. I am using it with SMP v2 with no problem.

I haven't checked the accuracy of the reported winds and temperatures aloft - only during the weekend - but a first look at it suggests plausible values are being generated.

I also noticed there being practically no update stutters :-)

APPROVED !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

So far it looks OK to me. I am using it with SMP v2 with no problem.

I haven't checked the accuracy of the reported winds and temperatures aloft - only during the weekend - but a first look at it suggests plausible values are being generated.

APPROVED !

Thanks Jcomm. I will not give up SMP. I will give this puppy a try.

Bob

APPROVED !

Now this is good news if this is the case :smile:

Very good NOAA v2 so far. Seems to ease in pressure and wind direction updates nicely so no nasty surprises. I must be in the minority that prefers the default clouds to SMP (sorry folks).

Now this is good news if this is the case :smile:

I was hesitant to try this plug-in again, as the first release didn't really work for me the first time. With the new updates I'm pleasantly surprise. I tested this new update today with XPX default clouds and SMP clouds, happy to report I experienced no pauses during weather updates, it also inject it's own accurate and up to date METAR into XPX including winds aloft (test was at FL100).

Thanks for the information. I look forward to trying this when I get back to "my office". Good weather depiction is very much lacking in X-Plane, and it's great to see this being actively developed and improved.

I must be in the minority that prefers the default clouds to SMP (sorry folks).

They've actually improved a lot in the latest versions of X-Plane, but the FPS is just too bad for me compared to SMP. Visually IMO, the X-Plane default ones look better (Especially in IMC conditions), but it makes the sim unflyable for me.

They've actually improved a lot in the latest versions of X-Plane, but the FPS is just too bad for me compared to SMP. Visually IMO, the X-Plane default ones look better (Especially in IMC conditions), but it makes the sim unflyable for me.

I have my default cloud puffs set at around 50% in XP rendering settings, but admittedly in heavy overcast it can get a little jerky. It was a similar experience though the last time I tried SMP - fairly jerky but overall a less convincing overcast representation than the default. You can dial both down for performance of course! :) I do like the way that the default cloud tops look when you're flying above then, which is where I spend most of my time.

SMP needs another kind of clouds , the flat and "softer" , like the default.

When combined with the more "impressive" clouds it will look even better.

I actually suggested that to the developers in x-pilot , with another 2-3 suggestions , they said they actually work on some the suggestions , can't wait to see what they'll do in next version.

The suggestions BTW:

- New flat and softer kind of clouds

- an orange light effect above cities at the bottom of the clouds (I say that xEnviro does this , so it is actually possible)

and maybe another one that I forgot =)

I must be in the minority that prefers the default clouds to SMP (sorry folks).

Currently I do too as SMP can't put clouds in specific places due to XP limitations, meaning no cloud banks to fly towards or away from. As soon as they sort that out though I'll be reinstalling it immediately, and there's some talk over on the Org thread that Joan (the developer of NOAA) is fine to have his plugin used for that purpose.

SMP needs another kind of clouds , the flat and "softer" , like the default.

When combined with the more "impressive" clouds it will look even better.

I actually suggested that to the developers in x-pilot , with another 2-3 suggestions , they said they actually work on some the suggestions , can't wait to see what they'll do in next version.

The suggestions BTW:

- New flat and softer kind of clouds

- an orange light effect above cities at the bottom of the clouds (I say that xEnviro does this , so it is actually possible)

and maybe another one that I forgot =)

Completely agree on the flat, softer idea. That's the one other thing that irks me about SMP is the uniformity of the clouds. They're VERY pretty, but all I ever see is cumulus and the occasional cirrus.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea