Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin555

Controllers via FSUIPC in P3D v2.5 and CH Flightstick Pro

Afternoon All, 

Hopefully a quick question for the community. I'm trying to configure FSUIPC with my CH Flightstick Pro + Prepar3d v2.5 (latest hotfix), and am having problems with the outer left and outer right white buttons. Everything functions so far, but these two buttons won't bind properly. I sense a dual binding issue, where Prepar3d is binding as well, causing a problem. Is there a way to fully disable Prepar3d binding my joystick keys and run entirely on FSUIPC? Note, I cannot see my joystick within Prepar3d Controllers, so unfortunately finding any other bindings is impossible. Unless there's a .cfg file to edit?

Essentially I want the left and right white buttons to function as a zoom in/out (- and +) binding.

Thanks for the help,

Benjamin

Have you tried the Disable Controllers box in the Options/Controls area?

Another thing you can try - go into the Options/Controls area in P3D - pick an unused command and try to assign it to the button - if there is already an assignment it will tell you - then you can find THAT setting and disable it.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Will give your advice a try later this evening, and will report back! Appreciate your help :) +1

Is your CH Flightstick Pro recognised in Window's Devices and Printers as a CH Flightstick Pro or just a gereric joystick?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Hi GB, 

W8.1 recognizes it as a CH Flightstick Pro within Devices. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Benjamin

Hi GB, 

W8.1 recognizes it as a CH Flightstick Pro within Devices. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Benjamin

Sorry not many.

So it just does not show at all in P3D?

If it is not being detected it's hard to see how P3D would be assigning anything to it.

Could it be part of the Win8 joystick disconnect issue?

Have you tried different USB ports?

USB2 v USB3 ports?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I'm having the same issue -- my Saitek X52 joystick is working correctly in P3D v2.5 BUT the X52 isn't recognized in P3D's Options/Settings/Controls/enable controllers -- which shows only 'mouse control' in the drop-down box. I need to resolve this in order to 'uncheck' P3D's assignment, setting them up in FSUIPC instead (by 'unchecking' P3D's 'enable controllers' box), transferring that to FSUIPC.

Has anyone encountered this issue when setting up FSUIPC exclusive controller control for flight stick and throttle devices in P3D? Or does P3D's enable controllers setting even matter if axis calibration is done in FSUIPC?

Maury Pratt

In this folder C:\Documents and Settings\**Your USERID***\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Controls there is a file called Standard.xml, there is where all the controllers settings are kept.

It is an XML file so it has to be opened with Notepad to edit or look.

Look in it and see if the Device you want is there , also if the one you dont want is there you can disable all settings bu deleting them, like so.Make sure P3D is not running.

Say my Logitech Joystick is like this

<SimControls.Map>
        <Name>Logitech Extreme 3D Pro USB{A01F9120-6A53-11E3-8001-444553540000}</Name>
        <Entry>
            <Index>0</Index>
            <Down>BRAKES</Down>
            <DownRpt>1</DownRpt>
        </Entry>
        <Entry>
            <Index>1</Index>
            <Down>AILERON_TRIM_SET</Down>
            <DownRpt>1</DownRpt>
        </Entry>
        <Entry>
            <Index>3</Index>
        </Entry>
        <Entry>
            <Index>4</Index>
            <Down>VIEW_VIRTUAL_COCKPIT_FORWARD</Down>
        </Entry>
        <Entry>
            <Index>5</Index>
            <Down>PAUSE_TOGGLE</Down>
        </Entry>
        <POV>
            <Index>0</Index>
            <DownRpt>1</DownRpt>
        </POV>
    </SimControls.Map>

to remove all its settings I would delete everything betwee the <SimControls.Map></SimControls.Map> like this

<SimControls.Map>
        <Name>Logitech Extreme 3D Pro USB{A01F9120-6A53-11E3-8001-444553540000}</Name>
 </SimControls.Map>

keep the name so P3D wont add it again, also do the same for Slew, observer and simdirector.

Save the file (make sure you do all this with P3D NOT running.

Also there must be ONLY one setting of any control or you will have problems.

If ypou do not understand...ASK!

Jorge

I'm having the same issue -- my Saitek X52 joystick is working correctly in P3D v2.5 BUT the X52 isn't recognized in P3D's Options/Settings/Controls/enable controllers --

So you have definitely installed the X52 drivers?

http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php

gb.

Thanks Jorge and gb -- FSUIPC controller assignments are working fine now. I did find it necessary to leave P3D's controller assignment box checked in order to use OPUS FSi Direct View (to recognize button presses); this seems not to adversely affect FSUIPC-assigned axis and button functions.

mp

Maury Pratt

Thanks Jorge and gb -- FSUIPC controller assignments are working fine now. I did find it necessary to leave P3D's controller assignment box checked in order to use OPUS FSi Direct View (to recognize button presses); this seems not to adversely affect FSUIPC-assigned axis and button functions.

mp

Yes pity about OpusFSI needing P3D controllers left on.

gb.