Sign in to follow this  
leec

PMDG 737 NGX Released for P3D

Well it appears you guys are having fun with the ngx can someone answer lighting question I posted please - thanks

Richard, so far from what I can tell, it does not look like the NGX has the same kind of lighting like the 777.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't see the setting in the FMC to set it to show during daylight like in the 777.  When I turned my lights on for the one day flight I did today, I did not see them light up the ground.  It's possible I just missed the setting somewhere too but so far, my answer would be no.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

is cockpit geometry still as old wide open big windows? or fixed to reflect real world?  just curious

thanks.

Hope it performs better than the T7 in P3D

The T7 performs very well in P3D. If it doesn't then you probably have a system which is too weak to handle such a add-on. I get consistent 25-30 fps on add-on airports with a triple monitor setup.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

While I think the intro price is fair I'm tired of price increases because of the labeling of P3D. P3D is just an excuse for developers to charge more (over FSX). I don't mind paying a little extra to have both versions of an addon (A2A / RA) but I think it's ludicrous to pay double and then some to have both. GRRRR

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The T7 performs very well in P3D. If it doesn't then you probably have a system which is too weak to handle such a add-on. I get consistent 25-30 fps on add-on airports with a triple monitor setup.

I am running a 4790K overclocked to 4.5 ghz and with a GTX 780, so I wouldnt call that weak. I am getting excellent frames with default aircrafts, the A2As, the majestic dhc8 (all in ORBX regions - but off course not in urban areas with max autogen). With the T7 I am getting 20-30 FPS which per se isnt that bad, but at these FPS levels P3D stutters a lot, killing the immersion.

In my experience and with my system, FPS locked at 30-33 FPS with vsync off gives the most stutter free flight - unfortunately I am not getting the t7 to show me these frames not matter how much I dial down the graphics settings

Tweaking tips are most welcome! :)

I havent flown my FSX NGX for over 2 years due to becoming a father and then moving over exclusively to P3D, so I was massively disappointed when I fired her up this morning to get 13-15 fps in the VC :(

I dont remember it being that much of a dog in FSX? :S

K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

If my post was confusing, there should be a discount if one already owns the FSX version - this is what is frustrating to me about this specific addon (and a few others).

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I am running a 4790K overclocked to 4.5 ghz and with a GTX 780

This is almost the same system as I have. I'm running a 4770K overclocked to 4.6 GHz and a GTX 780. You shouldn't expect to see similar frames as with the A2A or default aircraft. The calculations in the background necessary to simulate the systems of a 777 are a different beast than simulating Cessnas. However, everything above 25 fps is "smooth enough" for me in P3D. Way smoother than FSX with 25 fps (that was a nightmare). But this is all subjective...

And to answer your first question: I just installed the NGX and I'm seeing the same fps as with the 777. Maybe 2-3 fps better but not really noticeable.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

NGX runs perfect in P3D.. But I'm suffering from a "atc.dll" crash. Maybe this could be WOAI (installed all packs, but don't see all packs). 

Philipp Schwaegerl

Reference airport KSEA PNW

Really bad choice of reference airport! ...... This is the most FPS intensive part of the FS world, with Orbx installed, and doesn't represent performance you'd get in 99% of locations across the world.    I've no doubt I'd get 13-17 FPS in the NGX at KSEA with Orbx too ..... but up in Alaska I have 40 FPS (locked) in the NGX in P3D.

This is almost the same system as I have. I'm running a 4770K overclocked to 4.6 GHz and a GTX 780. You shouldn't expect to see similar frames as with the A2A or default aircraft. The calculations in the background necessary to simulate the systems of a 777 are a different beast than simulating Cessnas. However, everything above 25 fps is "smooth enough" for me in P3D. Way smoother than FSX with 25 fps (that was a nightmare). But this is all subjective...

And to answer your first question: I just installed the NGX and I'm seeing the same fps as with the 777. Maybe 2-3 fps better but not really noticeable.

As always a good post and really happy to hear your fps with the NGX. I've never on 3 pc had better fps with the NGX over the 777, the 777 has always been better so even if the same I will be happy.

@Thomas

Running the 777 is nothing like running a GA with P3D, I dont even use Orbx Regions becasue of the extra load on the sim. Global/Vector/OLC does the job for the NGX/777.

Have a read though the link in my sig below, it might help with fps and VAS.

@Ryan

I totally agree, I understand the cost being more with the on going cost of updates they will need to do and also the 64 version but for people who already have bought it to ask the same price again for fundamentally the same product is wrong imo. Lets remember they made the 777 not work in P3D as the NGX did with only one or two small problems so I don't buy into that we need to pay full price again.

But if I don't buy it then am cutting of my noise to spit my face. 

Within P3D atm I see me spending 40% of my time in the NGX, 30% in the 777 and 30% in the Turbine Duke(with GTN 750)

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Can someone let me know if the popup windows are still the same? I have been using the PFD's and FMC, etc in my cockpit external monitors and flying with no VC and would need to keep it that way.

Thank you in advance.

yes you can , you need to right click and undock them, then you can move them.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I won't buy it. I guess some can't live without it though. I'll use the upcoming Carenado hawker to satisfy my big iron need (triple installers thank you!) At first I reluctantly bought the P3D version of the GTN 750 (it's the cost of FSX ver plus 15 dollars ARGH), but I use it very often - I don't want to be without one on high fidelity addons

I suppose others will feel the same way about the NGX (is it NGP now lol).... I don't fly it enough to justify the price.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |