Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

Thanks for the US Navy P-8a Poseidon. :)

I quite like it!

It's one of those functionality over beauty moments. Where else do you put a radar that big :P

Yeah I agree but imagine a 777-200LR based platform? Niiiice.

It's a great model, and ofcourse very nice to get it for free. The large viewing windows in the fuselage are modelled avsolutely amazing, its nice to be able to look inside and see a chair facing outward. Same with the passenger variants, the step from painted windows to windows where you can actually see the interior was a big step up visually, I love it.

Maybe a weird question, but does anubody know why it has two beacon lights just next to eachother on its belly?

sig1.png
sig2.png

because u have big structure on tail which can obstruct center beacon, i suppose.

Artur 

Maybe a weird question, but does anubody know why it has two beacon lights just next to eachother on its belly?

It's made in America for the United States Government.

This is the same government that returns the taxes that its residents didn't owe to begin with...but requires that you report that tax refund as taxable income the following year...Redundancy???  :P

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for the nice surprise. I would love to do a few military flights with the P-8 repaint.

Btw, the Indian Navy has received six P-8I aircraft out of the eight it has on order. Some of them even took part in the search operations for MH370. It would be cool if someone could do a repaint of the P-8 in the livery of IN. :)

It would be cool if someone could do a repaint of the P-8 in the livery of IN. :)

Have you looked in the OC? I'm sure the ARK is in there? ;-)

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

It's made in America for the United States Government.

This is the same government that returns the taxes that its residents didn't owe to begin with...but requires that you report that tax refund as taxable income the following year...Redundancy??? :P

Haha, excellent! Strange you should mention that, I just saw a documentary about that tax return scam, it's a huge one...

23.png

Yesterday I noticed that the PMDG P8 model has T7F/B748 style raked wingtips. So no blended wings or scimitar winglets... Probably it is the most robust wingtip style suiting best "military praxis"...

Have you looked in the OC? I'm sure the ARK is in there? ;-)

No, I didn't realize that. Well, thanks for the tip and of course for the livery. This evening will be spent playing with this wonderful bird!  B)

Yesterday I noticed that the PMDG P8 model has T7F/B748 style raked wingtips. So no blended wings or scimitar winglets... Probably it is the most robust wingtip style suiting best "military praxis"...

The raked wingtip is in fact the most efficient of the lot. The only problem with putting them on civil aircraft, is that it would widen the wingspan to such a degree, that certain gates ( a lot of them, actually) and taxiways would no longer be able to accept those 737-800s. The average flight for a 737 is also short enough that the added benefit the raked wingtip gives, wouldn't offset the costs of extra gates and longer taxi routes.

For the military, this doesn't matter, since they won't have their P-8s pull up into a gate at Heathrow, for instance.

The raked wingtip is in fact the most efficient of the lot. The only problem with putting them on civil aircraft, is that it would widen the wingspan to such a degree, that certain gates ( a lot of them, actually) and taxiways would no longer be able to accept those 737-800s. The average flight for a 737 is also short enough that the added benefit the raked wingtip gives, wouldn't offset the costs of extra gates and longer taxi routes.

For the military, this doesn't matter, since they won't have their P-8s pull up into a gate at Heathrow, for instance.

Also, being a maritime patrol aircraft, the Poseidon stays in the air longer than your average civil 737. The raked wingtips help increase loiter time, along with aerial refueling and additional tanks.

Just give the rights of the P-8A to VRS so they can Tacpack it. There is point if I cant blow crap up. XD

I think you should drop this subject.

I just don't see PMDG giving them rights to use their software to make a combat mod.  Just my 2 cents worth.