Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

Thanks for the US Navy P-8a Poseidon. :)

I just don't see PMDG giving them rights to use their software to make a combat mod.  Just my 2 cents worth.

Just to clarify - using the TacPack does not require the developer to "sell the rights off" in any way, shape, or form. Southwest737300 is grossly misinformed. To make an aircraft compatible with the TacPack, they simply need to use the variables that VRS has published in the TacPack SDK, for anyone to see and use. To make aircraft work on servers with anti-cheat enabled, the developer needs a signing key, which VRS requires simply to prevent UFOs with 20 AMRAAMs from hosing public servers.

To be honest, as much as I'd love to see PMDG make the P-8 TacPack compatible, I highly doubt it will ever happen. They'd either need to model the mission bay, or use 2d popus for all of the mission equipment. In addition, I can guarantee you things like the AN/APY-10 will be classified for years to come, so doing it realistically would be problematic. 

And to PMDG, thanks for the update. Holding out for ADF2 in SP1e  B)

Joe Sherrill

Just to clarify - using the TacPack does not require the developer to "sell the rights off" in any way, shape, or form. Southwest737300 is grossly misinformed. To make an aircraft compatible with the TacPack, they simply need to use the variables that VRS has published in the TacPack SDK, for anyone to see and use. To make aircraft work on servers with anti-cheat enabled, the developer needs a signing key, which VRS requires simply to prevent UFOs with 20 AMRAAMs from hosing public servers.

To be honest, as much as I'd love to see PMDG make the P-8 TacPack compatible, I highly doubt it will ever happen. They'd either need to model the mission bay, or use 2d popus for all of the mission equipment. In addition, I can guarantee you things like the AN/APY-10 will be classified for years to come, so doing it realistically would be problematic. 

And to PMDG, thanks for the update. Holding out for ADF2 in SP1e  B)

Creating the TacPack would involve altering the NGX in some way in order for it to be compatible, which is against the PMDG EULA. So technically, Aaron is correct in saying that PMDG would need to give VRS the rights to modify their software.

Guys, PMDG does not need to give VRS anything. They can do it themselves with what has been made available in the TACPACK SDK. If they wont, chances are they have good reasons for not doing so. And if they wont, VRS isn't likely to either.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Probably not happening then.

The P-8 is a freebie but nothing PMDG would support with additional functionality in the long run.

Guys, PMDG does not need to give VRS anything. They can do it themselves with what has been made available in the TACPACK SDK. If they wont, chances are they have good reasons for not doing so. And if they wont, VRS isn't likely to either.

As has been stated multiple times, VRS would need to modify PMDG files which is against their EULA, hence they would require explicit permission from PMDG to do this.

As has been stated multiple times, VRS would need to modify PMDG files which is against their EULA, hence they would require explicit permission from PMDG to do this.

Ok....seeming misunderstanding here...I said that in order for the PMDG developers to integrate TACPACK with the P-8, VRS doesn't need to do anything to PMDG files. It is purely up to PMDG to do something like this. Whoever has this idea that PMDG would need VRS to modify their stuff for them doesn't know what they are talking about. But in answer to southwest737300's idea that PMDG should send it to VRS, if PMDG isn't willing to take on the task of doing it themselves, no one else is going to do it for them, especially not VRS.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Ah gotcha now!! Sorry for the misunderstanding. Either way, PMDG have said they won't do it so I guess that's that!

PMDG doing military stuff? Not sure how I feel about that.

Again - we were asked by Boeing to do it. We did it for them, so we had it sitting around. Instead of keeping the model to ourselves, we gave it to the community.

Kyle Rodgers

Some of us look foward to PMDG's efforts directed to the military.

I did this using the civilian paint kit. I am working on trying to do a paint kit for the P-8A.

Again this was done 3 years ago. Seach the AVSIM downloads in the author "Russel R. Smith & PMDG"

I did 5. I am working on VP-40 as I am building the kit.

Russ

Many may fly and some are rewarded

handsomely, but the wings of gold of a

United States Naval Aviator mean more

than flying. It is dearly bought, requires

sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Some of us look foward to PMDG's efforts directed to the military.

I did this using the civilian paint kit. I am working on trying to do a paint kit for the P-8A.

Again this was done 3 years ago. Seach the AVSIM downloads in the author "Russel R. Smith & PMDG"

I did 5. I am working on VP-40 as I am building the kit.

Russ

I actually made a couple of flights with it when you just released the repaint, cant wait for the repaints for the P8 model! Isn't there a paintkit for the P8?

sig1.png
sig2.png

Kenzo

No paint kit I am aware of.

Russ

Many may fly and some are rewarded

handsomely, but the wings of gold of a

United States Naval Aviator mean more

than flying. It is dearly bought, requires

sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

As a retired Northrop Grumman dude, I have a particular attraction to this plane... Thanks PMDG guys for bringing it out.

I`d really like to see the wings loaded with static AA/AG`s would make for awesome Screen shots, not much of a fan of tacpac`s in FSX/P3d, there`s much better sim`s that provide war.

tpewpb-6.png