Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Request VAS usage of PMDG 737 P3D Edition

Hey,

For those who are buying this bird, can you tell your VAS usage with FTX Global and Vector at minimum.  Or how much VAS is consumed on a default airport in FTX PNW for example at KSEA with external views etc.

I want to know if the VAS usage is lower than the 777 P3D version.

Thanks,

-S

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

After the first flight (tomorrow or so) I can tell you the VAS usage without FTX, but with WOAI at 50%, FSDT KJFK and FlyTampa TNCM

(P3D v2.5 latest version).

Philipp Schwaegerl

For those who are buying this bird, can you tell your VAS usage with FTX Global and Vector at minimum.

This doesn't make any sense. It has been discussed on numerous threads that VAS usage heavily depends on the add-ons installed, settings in P3D, etc., etc. If somebody tells you it is X on his machine then it can well be X - 500 Mb or X + 500 Mb on your machine. So what's the point? The 777 is perfectly usable in P3D with reasonable settings and so will be the NGX. NyxxUK posted a very helpful guide (see link below) on how to optimize VAS usage with the 777. All these things apply equally to the NGX. If you follow them then you won't have a problem with VAS (in most situations)...

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/462838-a-guide-to-getting-the-most-out-of-the-pmdg-777/

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

This doesn't make any sense. It has been discussed on numerous threads that VAS usage heavily depends on the add-ons installed, settings in P3D, etc., etc. If somebody tells you it is X on his machine then it can well be X - 500 Mb or X + 500 Mb on your machine. So what's the point? The 777 is perfectly usable in P3D with reasonable settings and so will be the NGX. NyxxUK posted a very helpful guide (see link below) on how to optimize VAS usage with the 777. All these things apply equally to the NGX. If you follow them then you won't have a problem with VAS (in most situations)...

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/462838-a-guide-to-getting-the-most-out-of-the-pmdg-777/

I am just trying to compare with PMDG 777 on P3D with Global and Vector.  With Vector alone, the 777 takes up close to 3.8-4GB VAS on landing.    Yes, I have read that document, I do have my settings based on that document (I just won't turn off external views) but thanks for posting the link. 

I just want to see the numbers for 737, nothing more.  I am sure the VAS consumption will be slightly different.

Thanks

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Glad you guys like the guide I made I've added a bit more to it yesterday. Yes it might as well have been written for the NGX also.

I Will buy the NGX tomorrow night, if it's like the fsx version before the latest patch the VAS will be lower unless the WXR has pushed it up, I do hope it has a lighter VAS footprint than the 777. Simply because you can push more eye candy where you like it.

I would like to know how fps are as the NGX has always been a bigger hit on frames than the 777.

I'm really enjoying the Turbine Duke with the GTN 750 and setting vector and other things really high. The GTN 750 transforms that aircraft into a mini airliner. Enjoying that as much as 777 and soon to be my fav NGX in P3d.

Happy days.

Look forward to seeing how people fine it before I get my hands on it.

BTW guys if you like the guide, please give it a bump so other can see it, thanks.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I am getting good fps with the NGX. 25FPS at FB KDEN. T7 I get 32 FPS. VAS free is 1 .9 GB. This was a quick and dirty test.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Glad you guys like the guide I made I've added a bit more to it yesterday. Yes it might as well have been written for the NGX also.

I Will buy the NGX tomorrow night, if it's like the fsx version before the latest patch the VAS will be lower unless the WXR has pushed it up, I do hope it has a lighter VAS footprint than the 777. Simply because you can push more eye candy where you like it.

I would like to know how fps are as the NGX has always been a bigger hit on frames than the 777.

I'm really enjoying the Turbine Duke with the GTN 750 and setting vector and other things really high. The GTN 750 transforms that aircraft into a mini airliner. Enjoying that as much as 777 and soon to be my fav NGX in P3d.

Happy days.

Look forward to seeing how people fine it before I get my hands on it.

BTW guys if you like the guide, please give it a bump so other can see it, thanks.

David, your Guide is awesome.  Thank You for making one.

I am getting good fps with the NGX. 25FPS at FB KDEN. T7 I get 32 FPS. VAS free is 1 .9 GB. This was a quick and dirty test.

Awesome stuff, do you use Global and Vector with FB KDEN?

For what it is worth:

PMDG737 at Aerosoft EDDF: 1.7 Gb free VAS

PMDG777 at Aerosoft EDDF: 1.45 Gb free VAS

So the 737 seems to consume 250 Mb less VAS. The above numbers were measured with the exact same scenarios so that the differences should only be caused by the difference in aircraft used.

By the way: FPS are the same as with the 777 on my system.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Thank you very much for that Carlo.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

For what it is worth:

PMDG737 at Aerosoft EDDF: 1.7 Gb free VAS

PMDG777 at Aerosoft EDDF: 1.45 Gb free VAS

So the 737 seems to consume 250 Mb less VAS. The above numbers were measured with the exact same scenarios so that the differences should only be caused by the difference in aircraft used.

By the way: FPS are the same as with the 777 on my system.

Yeah, I get very similar results. I just did a short haul flight:

- take-off from Flytampa`s EKCH (Copenhagen),

- landing at LHSimulations LHBP (Budapest).

Flying over Orbx Global, Vector (set at max) and EU OpenLC, weather injected by ASN. 

I checked the remaining VAS during all phases of flight, the lowest number occured right beforethe touchdown at LHBP (approx. 1 GB of VAS remaining). So, definitely no VAS problems in my case.

Regards,

Matej

Matej Stavanja