Sign in to follow this  
shaddyy

PMDG NGX SP1D removes box around cockpit so shadows work.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for the heads up, Looks great in DX10 now

Hey guys!

1) OK how does you guys get it to work properly now with the boxes gone?

2) Do you see a performance hit?

Im getting shadows like I did before but they move with my eyepoint, which is odd

Sorry but not really experienced with this... What do you need to turn on the DX10 fixer, for this to work?

Sorry but not really experienced with this... What do you need to turn on the DX10 fixer, for this to work?

You just need to be running DX10 and add ForceVCShadowMap=1 to your FSX.cfg under the [Display] section

Wow very great news! If you have SteveFX installed is it sufficient to check the option or is mandatory run the toolbox to get shadows appear?

No special setting in the DX10 Fixer other than what you normally have your shadows set to

No need to modify the VC model in DX toolbox

All need to do is add ForceVCShadowMap=1 to your FSX.cfg under the [Display] section.

The 600-700 with shadows is also available in your accounts now.

Sorry, what do you mean with this?

I still am having problem with this. The shadows are moving with my eye point

what generation of shadows are u guys using? what settings in the DX10 Fixer is the FPS get lower with Shadows? 

Thanks!

If shadows are moving do you have EZDOK?

Sorry, what do you mean with this?

It means that new full installers for the 600-700 (as well as the 800-900) are available from your account at PMDG

If shadows are moving do you have EZDOK?

I have Ezdok (along with TrackIR) and the shadows are displaying correctly and do not move relative to my eyepoint, they only move relative to the aircraft.

It means that new full installers for the 600-700 (as well as the 800-900) are available from your account at PMDG

I have Ezdok (along with TrackIR) and the shadows are displaying correctly and do not move relative to my eyepoint, they only move relative to the aircraft.

Mine move with my eye point, do you get a FPS drop with Shadows on?

I do not detect any fps drop from the shadows, in fact this verion of the NGX seems smoother than sp1c.

The shadows should move as the plane changes attitude/position in relation to the lighting in the VC as they do in the real world.

Have you ticked Ezdok in the shadow dialog?

What I did to fix the shadows moving with eyepoint issue a while back was in your debug settings switch to GEN 4 shadows or try GEN 3 and it should fix your issues

Have you ticked Ezdok in the shadow dialog?

Steve, just to clarify, the line ForceVCShadowMap=1 is introduced by default from version 2.6 build 66 if I well remember.

Anyway is there an option into the Control Panel to add it in fsx.cfg or we have to add it manually to get shadows work?

I used the EzDok thing Dx10 Fixer, still big performance hit andf shadows move with my eyepoint.

I used the EzDok thing Dx10 Fixer, still big performance hit andf shadows move with my eyepoint.

I seem to have the same problem, shadows move with my eyepoint, I'm using TrackIR 5 along with EZdok

Have you installed SP1D? Prior to that you could get some shadows that would move with eye point.

Steve, just to clarify, the line ForceVCShadowMap=1 is introduced by default from version 2.6 build 66 if I well remember.

Anyway is there an option into the Control Panel to add it in fsx.cfg or we have to add it manually to get shadows work?

You need to do it yourself. If you are using FSX dvd or Fsx:se in standalone mode you can actually run the dx10 toolbox and use the fsx cfg editor to do so there is tick box for Force VC Shadows.

have people with moving shadows installed SP1D? Prior to SP1D it was possible to get some false shadows which moved with eyepoint.

Yes I have sp1d. Before installing it in NGX I couldn't get any shadows, but false shadows moving with my eyepoint.

Now I edited FSX.cfg (manually not via toolbox) and add ForceVCShadowsMap=1 and im getting shadows moving with my eyepoint, not only in NGX but also in MD11 and Maddog.

I still cannot get it too work, Riccardo can u send a screenshot of the option you selected in the Dx10 Shadow Fixer? Should I use Force Walls? Why am I gettgin FPS drop?