Sign in to follow this  
shaddyy

PMDG NGX SP1D removes box around cockpit so shadows work.

Mine move with my eye point, do you get a FPS drop with Shadows on?

I do not detect any fps drop from the shadows, in fact this verion of the NGX seems smoother than sp1c.

The shadows should move as the plane changes attitude/position in relation to the lighting in the VC as they do in the real world.

What I did to fix the shadows moving with eyepoint issue a while back was in your debug settings switch to GEN 4 shadows or try GEN 3 and it should fix your issues

Have you ticked Ezdok in the shadow dialog?

Steve, just to clarify, the line ForceVCShadowMap=1 is introduced by default from version 2.6 build 66 if I well remember.

Anyway is there an option into the Control Panel to add it in fsx.cfg or we have to add it manually to get shadows work?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I used the EzDok thing Dx10 Fixer, still big performance hit andf shadows move with my eyepoint.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I used the EzDok thing Dx10 Fixer, still big performance hit andf shadows move with my eyepoint.

I seem to have the same problem, shadows move with my eyepoint, I'm using TrackIR 5 along with EZdok

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I'm using track ir as well

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Have you installed SP1D? Prior to that you could get some shadows that would move with eye point.

Steve, just to clarify, the line ForceVCShadowMap=1 is introduced by default from version 2.6 build 66 if I well remember.

Anyway is there an option into the Control Panel to add it in fsx.cfg or we have to add it manually to get shadows work?

You need to do it yourself. If you are using FSX dvd or Fsx:se in standalone mode you can actually run the dx10 toolbox and use the fsx cfg editor to do so there is tick box for Force VC Shadows.

have people with moving shadows installed SP1D? Prior to SP1D it was possible to get some false shadows which moved with eyepoint.

Yes I have sp1d. Before installing it in NGX I couldn't get any shadows, but false shadows moving with my eyepoint.

Now I edited FSX.cfg (manually not via toolbox) and add ForceVCShadowsMap=1 and im getting shadows moving with my eyepoint, not only in NGX but also in MD11 and Maddog.

Riccardo

I still cannot get it too work, Riccardo can u send a screenshot of the option you selected in the Dx10 Shadow Fixer? Should I use Force Walls? Why am I gettgin FPS drop?

Ron Hamilton

I still cannot get it too work,

Have you completely uninstalled the NGX then used the new installer, I had to do this before I got it to work properly. first time round I installed it over the top and got no shadows.

After that all you need to do is set ForceVCShadowMap=1 under [Display] section of the FSX.cfg

I am using Ezdok and trackIr.

My DX10 Fixer Shadow settings which I use along with ForceVCShadowMap=1 under [Display] section of the FSX.cfg

dx10fixer.jpg

With "Force VC Walls" set in the DX10 Fixer, these shadows do not move relative to the eyepoint, rather they move with the direction of the light

forcevcwalls.jpg

Without "Force VC Walls" set in the DX10 Fixer, Notice the shadows are not correct, the walls are gone and only the gauges are creating shadow.

nowalls.jpg

shadows in the cockpit with the ForceVCshadows command.

Thanks for the hu. Good move from PMDG.

I still cannot get it too work, Riccardo can u send a screenshot of the option you selected in the Dx10 Shadow Fixer? Should I use Force Walls? Why am I gettgin FPS drop?

Ron I have the same settings of Glynn, anyway it seems that shadows display correctly with aircraft movement but for example if I move my head with trackIR up and down they seems to go up and down and so follow my eyes/head movement, this happen with NGX MD11 and Maddog.

I have only FSX:SE stand alone (no FSX, no P3D), have never installed NGX untill yesterday (I was waiting sp1d), set correctly all Fixer parameters as Glynn.

Maybe something to change in TrackIR control panel?

Glynn, if I don't ask too much, could you make a short video to show us the corretc cast shadows display in NGX? Thanks so much.

EDIT: what I've not understand is it mandatory to open Toolbox.exe and Turn on VC shadows or is sufficient to add ForceVCShadowMap=1? I only add this line in fsx.cfg, maybe is for that reason I get "wrong" shadows?

Riccardo

EDIT: what I've not understand is it mandatory to open Toolbox.exe and Turn on VC shadows or is sufficient to add ForceVCShadowMap=1? I only add this line in fsx.cfg, maybe is for that reason I get "wrong" shadows?

As my NGX is a new install after fully uninstalling  SP1C it has never had the VC model altered by the toolbox.

Just the DX10 settings you see above and the line added to FSX.cfg

Glynn, if I don't ask too much, could you make a short video to show us the corretc cast shadows display in NGX? Thanks so much.

Well I made a video using fraps but have no idea what to do as far as hosting it so you can watch it.