Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Breaking News: Harrison Ford Crashed, Seriously Injured

As the headline says, Harrison Ford crashed into the Penmar Golf Course. He had just taken off from Santa Monica in his Ryan PT22 and experienced some sort of failure and had asked to return to the airport.

CNN press conference from the hospital lists Harrison in "Fair to Moderate condition."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/harrison-ford-injured-plane-crash-n318301

http://www.tmz.com/2015/03/05/harrison-ford-plane-crash-landing-golf-course-santa-monica/

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

You beat me Bill by 3 tenths of one second and I removed my topic. Hopefully he will be okay. Can't believe the massive press conference going on right now.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim, probably it's because I "listen" to CNN all day long. When something "catches my ear" I quickly stroll into the living room to see as well as hear.

I suppose the intense media circus er, coverage is because he's kinda famous I think... :Thinking:

Fr. Bill    

Haha, the 2 phrases "cnn" and "media circus" always go together.

spacer.png

Haha, the 2 phrases "cnn" and "media circus" always go together.

Perhaps so, but the coverage on Fox and MSNBC isn't any less for all of that being possibly true! :Whistle:

Fr. Bill    

He's Indiana Jones.

He's Han Solo (Both then and now)

He's the Fugitive.

He's the President from Air Force one.

He's The Blade Runner.

He's a part of peoples lives, for some of us, our entire lives; an honorary family member/friend.

Something unfortunate and unusual like this happens to him, and the whole world (not just America) is going to notice and want to know all about it. (Nods)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

He's a part of peoples lives, for some of us, our entire lives; an honorary family member/friend.

Indiana Jones - best action / adventure movies ever.

Don't forget, "Cowboys and Aliens", a fairly good movie and cast. I just got home and saw this on Fox News. It sounds like people are confident he'll survive and that he did everything a pilot could have done including finding a spot where civilians were not endangered. It didn't turn out as good as it might have, but at least it didn't end up as bad as it could have.

Regards to all,

According to his sons Tweets he is fine:

Great to read that, thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Don't forget, "Cowboys and Aliens", a fairly good movie and cast.

He did a great job, there and perfect casting. His presence probably saved that whole movie from total obscurity.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

We've just had a hospital employee here in Germany, killed by helicopter rotor blades on his hospital's landing pad.

Guess he'll be off the front pages much quicker than 'Indiana Jones'.

I hope Harrison Ford will recover soon and my condolences go to the German employee's family.

Harrison Ford vs Chuck Norris

I'm going with Harrison Ford because I don't recall Chuck Norris surviving any plane crash....Tough as nails

Matthew Kane

Harrison Ford vs Chuck Norris

I'm going with Harrison Ford because I don't recall Chuck Norris surviving any plane crash....Tough as nails

Thats because if Earth saw Chuck norris coming at it in a plane.... It would run.

Devons rig

Thats because if Earth saw Chuck norris coming at it in a plane.... It would run.

:LMAO:

I'm still going with Ford though  B)

Matthew Kane

I wish him a most speedy, and full recovery.  Engine failure...after taking off, and at low altitude...must put your heart into your mouth.  So sorry to read of this...

Ses