Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Breaking News: Harrison Ford Crashed, Seriously Injured

We've just had a hospital employee here in Germany, killed by helicopter rotor blades on his hospital's landing pad.

Guess he'll be off the front pages much quicker than 'Indiana Jones'.

I hope Harrison Ford will recover soon and my condolences go to the German employee's family.

My thoughts and prayers as well, Oliver. There's no "good way" to die, but that seems to be a bit extreme. I have to wonder though how this could happen, unless he was especially tall...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

My thoughts and prayers as well, Oliver. There's no "good way" to die, but that seems to be a bit extreme. I have to wonder though how this could happen, unless he was especially tall...

Tail rotor: http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/557633-tail-rotor-kills-hospital-employee.html  

Even more bizarre, the man should never have been in that spot; no matter whether engines were on or off.

That's because if Earth saw Chuck Norris coming at it in a plane.... It would run.

Chuck Norris would be on his hands and knees, scrounging for Peanut remnants at Harrison Ford's feet.

Mr. Ford owns a Dash 2 and knows how to fly it; that's all of the proof I need.

B)

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

7 examples Harrison Ford, screen daredevil, is a real-life risk-taker

Here are a few of his closer brushes, some more dramatic than others, as well as heroic moments:

1. The scar on his face that lends him a rakish look was earned, he's said, in "a mundane way." In 1964, he was speeding to a job at a department store in Orange County, California, when his car veered off the road and into a telephone pole as he fumbled for his seat belt.

2. In 1999, Ford crash-landed his helicopter during a training flight in which he and an instructor were practising auto rotations in Ventura County, northwest of Los Angeles. Ford and the instructor were unhurt.

3. He used his helicopter in 2000 to pluck an Idaho Falls, Idaho, hiker off 11,106-foot Table Mountain in Teton County, Wyoming, and fly her to a hospital.

4. One year later, Ford and another searcher helped find a missing Boy Scout in a forest south of Yellowstone National Park. "Boy, you sure must have earned a merit badge for this one," Ford told the cold and hungry teenager after whisking him to safety by chopper.

5. Ford was at the helm of a Beechcraft Bonanza in 2000 when wind shear forced him to make an emergency landing at Lincoln Municipal Airport in Nebraska. Ford and his passenger were uninjured when the plane clipped the runway and its wing tips were damaged, officials said.

6. Ford, who takes pride in doing his own stunt work, reportedly injured his back in 1983 while making Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and damaged ligaments in his leg during production of the 1993 film The Fugitive.

7. Last year, he was filming Star Wars: Episode VII in a studio outside London when a door of Solo's Millennium Falcon spacecraft fell and broke the actor's leg, requiring surgery on it. He recovered and returned to complete his work on the movie.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/7-examples-harrison-ford-screen-daredevil-is-a-real-life-risk-taker-1.2984289

Matthew Kane

The guys got nine lives or something.

Would be interested in seeing an aerial shot of his take off path and emergency landing.

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?where1=Penmar+Golf+Course+in+Venice&FORM=LMIEMN#Y3A9NDMuMDQ5ODAxfi04OC4wNDIxOTgmbHZsPTQmc3R5PXImc3M9eXAuWU43N3g5MTA0ODV+cGcuMX5yYWQuODA=

I assume he took off from runway 21 heading directly towards the golf course.

Would be interested in seeing an aerial shot of his take off path and emergency landing.

Judging by the photo's on this page (TMZ seams to have good photo's) It looks as if he took off Runway 21, had engine problems and did a 180 degree turn to go back to the airport but landed on the golf course instead. You can see the skid marks on the grass and his aircraft is pointing towards the airport:

http://www.tmz.com/2015/03/05/harrison-ford-plane-crash-landing-golf-course-santa-monica/

Matthew Kane

Faster than a bouncing boulder!

Able to land in small patch amidst big city!

And who, despite the Fedora, looks cool at 72!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

New photo capture finds cause...

That confirms my theory. I just forgot to tell anyone it was MY theory. Thanks for the picture share. I bet after Mr. Ford is feeling a little less banged up he would get a chuckle out of that one.

Regards,

Chuck Norris will have to think of a new one, surviving a plane crash...

But let's face it both men are well liked in the south here, that is, South Africa.

Best adventure movies ever made for Harrison F.. Hope he gets well soon...