Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

Installing FSX and FSX:SE Updates

Yes

K - those panel states will need to be replaced. We're working on it.

P3D and FSX are fine.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle, The panel states issue seems to be present in FSX as well. I did a clean install with the update with a default FSX setup and used the PMDG short panel state as a starting point. The fuel, and anti ice is on all the time. I'll submit a ticket.

Jacob Fuqua

K - those panel states will need to be replaced. We're working on it.

P3D and FSX are fine.

OK good job :)

It's not a problem for me at all since if I do my own CLD DRK panel state it will work fine, but it would be good to have it fixed :)

Thank You

Kyle, The panel states issue seems to be present in FSX as well. I did a clean install with the update with a default FSX setup and used the PMDG short panel state as a starting point. The fuel, and anti ice is on all the time. I'll submit a ticket.

Did you uninstall/reinstall via the procedure pinned at the top of the general forum, or did you just uninstall via the control panel and reinstall immediately after?

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle, just a follow up... I did a full uninstall and reinstall per the posted instructions after our conversation last night, and I'm still getting the FUEL and ANTI-ICE caution. Looks like you're aware as others have reported the same fault, so I'll let you be. Other than that rather small issue, she's running great! Thanks for the awesome work!

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

Kyle, just a follow up... I did a full uninstall and reinstall per the posted instructions after our conversation last night, and I'm still getting the FUEL and ANTI-ICE caution. Looks like you're aware as others have reported the same fault, so I'll let you be. Other than that rather small issue, she's running great! Thanks for the awesome work!

FSX or FSX:SE?

Kyle Rodgers

It's an issue with panel states. Try the uninstall/reinstall procedure, which will kill the old panel states. The reinstall should fix that issue.

I found FUEL, ANTI ICE and AIR COND warnings in SP1d and guessed it was because of panel states. I had run the NGX uninstallers and then installed SP1d. After similar confusion created over 777 SP1 panel states I thought this would have been sorted out once and for all.

Surely when you uninstall an add-on it should delete all files installed by default, and that should include default panel states. If that was the case there would be no problems like this. It's always the same: the release thread says it doesn't matter how you install then it turns out only a full uninstall works reliably. But this still involves manually deleting files. An uninstall should be exactly that. It should clean up all files the installer installed.

Then again, as the new installer presumably comes with new default panel states, why don't these overwrite the SP1c default panel states? Looking at the NGX panel state folder the default states all date from 2011. There seems to be some basic file housekeeping issues here.

Another point, more of a request. Older PMDG installers used to have a "custom" option which meant you could deselect NAVDATA installation. Loading the sidstars files takes a long time and while you sit and watch it you know you will have to do it all again to install current AIRAC data.

ki9cAAb.jpg

It's amazing how many people know more about developing software than a software developer.

Another point, more of a request. Older PMDG installers used to have a "custom" option which meant you could deselect NAVDATA installation. Loading the sidstars files takes a long time and while you sit and watch it you know you will have to do it all again to install current AIRAC data.

Did you delete the entire [sIM]\PMDG folder after uninstalling? Because I removed only the PMDG 737 NGX subfolder and left my NAVDATA folder untouched. After installing SP1d, my current AIRAC was still there.

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

It's amazing how many people know more about developing software than a software developer.

His request is valid, to be honest.

I found FUEL, ANTI ICE and AIR COND warnings in SP1d and guessed it was because of panel states. I had run the NGX uninstallers and then installed SP1d. After similar confusion created over 777 SP1 panel states I thought this would have been sorted out once and for all.

Surely when you uninstall an add-on it should delete all files installed by default, and that should include default panel states. If that was the case there would be no problems like this. It's always the same: the release thread says it doesn't matter how you install then it turns out only a full uninstall works reliably. But this still involves manually deleting files. An uninstall should be exactly that. It should clean up all files the installer installed.

Then again, as the new installer presumably comes with new default panel states, why don't these overwrite the SP1c default panel states? Looking at the NGX panel state folder the default states all date from 2011. There seems to be some basic file housekeeping issues here.

I was going to try to answer this, but I passed it on to another team member to see if they have a more specific answer. There's a reason behind leaving some of the directories alone, but I forget what it is.

The last point actually makes a bunch of sense.

Kyle Rodgers

Kevin-

We are investigating the panel states because they seem to behave differently between FSX and FSX-SE, when in theory they should not.

Your perception of what should/should not happen with installation makes for part one of a fascinating lecture series.  I'm going to ignore it though because a) most of your suppositions are uninformed and b) none of it is relevant given the fact that the panel state files themselves are the problem- and not the installation theory you are swatting around...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Kyle, It was a clean install per the pinned thread. I have since, uninstalled and reinstalled, again per the pinned thread, but the error remains for me in FSX. as Ryan said it looks like you guys are working on it , and I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Jacob Fuqua

Kevin-

We are investigating the panel states because they seem to behave differently between FSX and FSX-SE, when in theory they should not.

Your perception of what should/should not happen with installation makes for part one of a fascinating lecture series.  I'm going to ignore it though because a) most of your suppositions are uninformed and B) none of it is relevant given the fact that the panel state files themselves are the problem- and not the installation theory you are swatting around...

Robert,

What exactly is wrong or uninformed about the things I said in that post?

I don't have any theories, or suppositions. I'm just saying what software uninstallers normally do. Kyle said there is a reason why some files aren't removed. That's fair enough but if removing them manually is mentioned as a solution to a problem then I think it's fair to ask why they aren't removed automatically. I realise panel states are a complex issue and I wouldn't dream of telling you what to to fix them. Nor did I, contrary to your assertion.

What I do feel entitled to say is that almost every update we have the same confusion. First we are told we can install as we like, then it turns out we not only have to uninstall but have to manually install some files as well.

His request is valid, to be honest.

Thank you.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Thanks for all the information Kyle.

And thank you in general. A lot of us here appreciate your help and knowledge.